Wednesday 11 August 2021

Teddy Stocking


Did you get your hands on any of the new LOTV stamps and/or simply prints? The opening price is an amazing deal.  I used the digi stamp Teddy Stocking. I coloured it with Copics. I had a disaster as I had cleaned some of my red Copics that morning as they badly needed it. I have never had a problem with using them straight after cleaning but I did this time.  I coloured the stocking and it just wouldn't blend properly and ended up with a shiny patch which normally means a pen needs cleaning.  

I thought well I could paper piece it but as it is a digi stamp I couldn't guarantee I could print another the same size. So I traced the stocking using greaseproof paper. Cut that out and laid it on some patterned paper and then cut my stocking out.  Thankfully that worked as I didn't want to waste the image which had taken me a while to colour.

I used a MFT stitched scalloped border, Dovecraft star, Marianne Designs poinsettias, foliage from a Sue Wilson set and a candy can dies.

9 comments:

meg said...

He's absolutely adorable Marianne,love the paper pieced stocking

Stamps and Paper said...

Another lovely a Christmas card Marianne..your Christmas pile must be growing nicely

Anne

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a fantastic card. That bear is just so cute. Take care. Hugs Jackie

cuilliesocks said...

Oh he's so cute and a gorgeous card Marianne. Well done of rescuing your mishap, Kate x

Fikreta said...

so cute card!

Sandra H said...

Just love your card and adorable image x

Chrissy said...

Adorable teddy hanging in the stocking, gorgeous card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Carol S. said...

An adorable image and a cute card. Hugs, Carol S.xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Your card is so elegant and beautiful as always you deliver the beauty..x