Saturday 21 August 2021

Happy Birthday Mum


Today is my Mum's Birthday and we went to visit her yesterday so she opened her card and presents then. Funnily enough though she has just discovered that her birth certificate says was born on 20th but she has always celebrated on 21st. She thinks she was actually born just after midnight on 21st but it was recorded as 20th.

I used one of my new Penny Black stamps coloured with Copics.  The paper is Anna Marie Designs blissful pink.  I used an old embossing folder for a change and it made me realise how little I use these nowadays.  I used to use them a lot at one time.  Maybe I will use them a bit more often now.

I haven't made an easel card for ages either.  I tried flowers but they just didn't look right with this image so left it fairly simple, just adding ribbon, a bow and some pearls.




 

10 comments:

Magic Maggie said...

Happy Birthday to your Mum - and...what a gorgeous card.
Love
Maggie (Bendy Yorkite)

meg said...

Many Happy Returns to your mum Marianne,a beautiful card PB images are adorable

Margaret R said...

Lovely card, love the little mice and I am sure your mum did as well

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous birthday card for your mum. I bet she loved it. Have a good weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Sandra H said...

Oh happy birthday to your mum what a lovely card x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi there Marianne, such a lovely card and cute image, love the easel design and the pretty colours. Hope your Mum had a lovely birthday, Kate x

Carol S. said...

Happy Birthday to your Mum. Your card for her is adorable. I had 2 of my friends, both having their birthdays yesterday. Also another friend, 2 days before that! Have a nice Sunday, hugs, Carol S.xxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Happy Birthday to your Mum! Your easel is a delight, love those cute mice and the clean design!

aussie aNNie said...

Bless your mum and wishes for a lovely day, nice card for her too.xxx
[did you give her some soap and bubble bath...x]

Christine Dol said...

Happy Birthday to your mom! She will treasure this card! So nice!!!