Sunday 8 August 2021

Dainty Dancer


Well the craft fair wasn’t well advertised so the footfall was poor but I did ok, better than I expected. I was so pleased I sold 2 of my cross stitch pictures.

This is my latest cross stitch which I finished last week.  It is called Dainty Dancer and is from Lili of the Valley's Etsy shop.  I used the nearest colours to the pattern that I had as I have so many threads to use.  I always use a hoop to stitch and I really like to frame them in the hoop.

I gather the edges in when I have finished pulling them tight then lace across the back with more thread.  I then cut a white felt circle and attach to the back to give a neat finish. I recently bought some adhesive backed felt from Hobbycraft and it works much better than gluing normal felt.

 

10 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely cross stitch Marianne…what a shame about your craft fair but pleased to hear you did ok…it’s a shame when they’re not advertised very well…fingers crossed the next one will be better.

Anne

meg said...

Love your choice of colours Marianne,a beautiful cross stitch

Jackie T said...

Hi this is gorgeous it is just so cute. Have a good day. Take care. Hugs Jackie

cotnob said...

A lovely cross stitch Marianne, very pretty.
I think people are still a bit nervous about going out and about as much as before, good that you still made some sales though.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such lovely cross stitch!

Sandra H said...

This is a pretty image love what your doing with it x

Carol S. said...

She is so cute and I have the stamp of her. Lovely colours too. Shame about the craft fair and advertising is the most important thing. Hope you didn't pay too much for your table. Hugs, Carol S.xxx

Wendy said...

She’s adorable, beautifully stitched x

dolcreations said...

Marianne you are so talented at these cross stitch pieces. Such a keepsake!

cuilliesocks said...

I love your little stitched picture, she is so sweet and beautifully stitched as always, Kate x