Saturday 22 December 2018

Patchwork Bauble


This is another bauble I have been longing to try and having found various tutorials on Pinterest I have managed to find time to make one for our tree.


They are quite challenging to make and this one isn't perfect but I am pleased with it. It took me about two hours and I did unpin some of the layers on the first side but the second side came along much better, The tricky thing is that you make one side and then the other and hope they meet. I added some lovely ribbons and glittery white berries. I do prefer making the pine cone baubles and they are much easier to make so this may be a one off.

I would like to enter this into the feeling festive challenge at Creative Inspirations.

I am feeling very organised for Christmas and hope you are too. We will be doing the housework this morning and then this evening we have been invited for dinner at friends. 

18 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow! It looks just gorgeous!! Fabulous bauble!

Enfys said...

I made six, gave two each to my family for their trees and warned them that the amount of time they took, consider them heirlooms! Lovely job Marianne
Merry Christmas to you and Graham xx

Janette said...

Hi Marianne, This is simply gorgeous, a beautiful addition to any tree....Just wanted to pop across and wish you and yours a very merry Christmas, enjoy..xx

meg said...

Stunning bauble in beautiful fabrics

Kath said...

A fabulous bauble Marianne.
Kath x

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Marianne.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Christine Dol said...

This is sooooo georgeous! Can I put it on my wish list for next year!!!!!!!!
I love it Marianne....great job! Worth the two hours labour of love! I love the fabric you chose!!!!

Stamps and Paper said...

Hi Marianne your baubles are beautiful
Wishing you and your family a very Happy Christmas and a peaceful New Year

Anne

cuilliesocks said...

Wow Marianne, your bauble is stunning, love the colours, it does look tricksy to make but so worth the effort.
Have a lovely evening with your friends, Kate x x

KraftyKoolKat said...

So beautiful Marianne. Merry Christmas.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Chrissy said...

It is a beautiful Bauble Marianne and I have red one on my Christmas table made by my friend..

luv CHRISSYxx

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Have a lovely evening.
Wendy x

Sarah said...

What a beautiful bauble Marianne. Merry Christmas xx

cotnob said...

A beautiful bauble Marianne, it looks very complicated.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Carol S. said...

A gorgeous bauble and looks a bit more complicated than the cone ones. Have a wonderful Christmas and a peaceful 2019. Big hugs, Carol S.xxx

Paper Scissors Glitter said...

This is beautiful Marianne, you are one talented lady. Thanks for entering this month's challenge at Creative Inspirations and good luck Jayne DT

Lisa said...

Wow, I love this!! It looks absolutely amazing!! What a gorgeous ornament!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Fikreta said...

Very nice !
Happy holidays ! 🎄