Sunday 16 December 2018

First sneak peek of Lily and a tutorial


Meet Lily the sweet new fairy launching from LOTV on 1 January. Lily will be available as both rubber and digi stamps which will please everyone. I created the card using a Go Kreate frilly 10 die and MFT paper. The scalloped circle was also cute with a Go Kreate die.

Along with the new images will be a lovely set of circular sentiments. They all come with this pretty flower circle and as one of hem is a blank circle I placed Lily inside the circle. Now I thought this would be simple in Word but as this is a digi the backing is a white rectangle so when I placed her in the circle parts of it were missing.

So this is how I did it. I inserted both images, clicked on each, clicked text wrap and through. I then needed to make her background transparent. I clicked on the fairy, clicked format, recolour, transparent and then resized her to fit in the circle. Simple when you know how. I have a book with tips, measurements etc so this info has gone into my book ready for next time in case I forget how I did it.

I coloured her with Copics and used some sparkle pens. Her wings are super sparkly.

13 comments:

Carole Pollard said...

Gorgeous card thanks for the tutorial I love that border Love and hugs Carole x

meg said...

Beautiful Marianne

Stamps and Paper said...

Such a sweet image Marianne a lovely card

Anne

Fikreta said...

Wonderful card!
hugs

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable card, always love seeing how you use this die, because I have it too.
The new LOTV fairy and circular flower wreath are both so pretty, thanks for the tutorial to insert them one in the other using Word

Linda Simpson said...

This is beautiful, love the sweet fairy.
Hugs
Linda xxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

So delightful Marianne.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Lisa said...

She's so gorgeous!! I love the shape of the card and the pretty colors!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sarah said...

She is adorable Marianne and thanks for the "how to" xx

Anne said...

That's useful Marianne thank you. I'm a devil for not writing things down, I think I'll remember it but then of course I don't!
Anne x

Carol S. said...

She is gorgeous and she will fit in beautifully with my stash. A very pretty card Marianne. Hugs, Carol S.xxxx

cuilliesocks said...

She is gorgeous and it's a beautiful card Marianne, Kate x

Chrissy said...

You are so clever and she is gorgeous and so cute..

Luv CHRISSYxx