Wednesday 7 August 2019

Robin


I have been busy making cards I can't share yet but in between I sorted through my stamped images and came across this one. It is an old Sheena Douglass stamp that I borrowed from a friend and stamped several times. I still have a few left to use. It is a simple but timeless and traditional image and I wanted to create a more traditional card with it. I coloured it with Copics and used some First Edition Merry little Christmas papers, a Joy holly die, Hobbycraft poinsettia and a sentiment stamp.

We are very busy in the garden, trying to clear out some hardy geraniums which have taken over in some places. We hope to get out there again today and then on Friday we can replant with some colour ready for Autumn. I love hardy geraniums but we have one pink one which spreads too much so it has to go, well as much as we can get out anyway.

This afternoon we are meeting up with friends for a surprise 16th Birthday meal at Pizza Express and the going to see Matilda at the theatre which has rave reviews.  I doubt I shall have a card to share tomorrow but as Thursday is my crafternoon and evening I hope to get several cards made.

16 comments:

Kath said...

A lovely card Marianne - I do like robins on Christmas cards.
Kath x

Tina Z. said...

So beautiful.
Have a great day.
Hugs xx

Anne said...

I've seen a lot of Christmas cards this week using more modern colours so it's nice to see some traditional green and red.
My geraniums have taken over too, I keep cutting them back but think they may have to go!
Sounds like you have a busy day, enjoy :)
Anne x

meg said...

gorgeous traditional image and colours robins are such a cheery bird

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! I love the pretty bird and the sparkly poinsettia!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sarah said...

I love a Christmas card with a robin x

Christine Dol said...

Ohhhh I love this Christmas card! The paper and the image oh boy oh boy! Beautifully done Marianne...
Enjoy your day!

Lynne said...

A lovely traditional card. I bought this stamp set from Ebay, but not used it yet, I must get it out. I too have those pesky pink geraniums, they seem to seed themselves everywhere! x

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card, love the robin and poinsettia. I hope you have a wonderful afternoon and enjoy the show.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Carol S. said...

I have this stamp set and agree with you it's lovely and traditional too. A gorgeous background and fab card. Hugs, Carol S.xx

cotnob said...

A lovely traditional Christmas card Marianne, a super image.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Janette said...

Gorgeous card, love the image so beautiful..Have a lovely day.x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is super, I love seeing Robins, Hope you enjoyed Matilda, Hazel xx

Fikreta said...

Wonderful card!

Sandra H said...

Gorgeous card x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Very beautiful card, I think it's also perfect for a male