Monday 12 August 2019

Commissioned card


My line dancing teacher asked me to make a large Wedding card and this is what I came up with. I love it when people say I don't mind what you make, I know it will be lovely.  I used a LOTV simply print, diecut it and then added a little victorian velvet distress ink to the edges. The paper is an old LOTV one, the hearts die is one I bought in the Sizzix sale. I printed the sentiment, diecut it and gain used the distress ink.I added some cheesecloth, pearl sprays and flowers from Wild Orchid. 

I don't heat emboss enough so I stampd some wooden hearts with shabby white frantage and heat embossed them and then added some sparkle to the flowers in the image and the diecut hearts with a clear sparkle pen.

15 comments:

Loraine Long said...

Your teacher was correct - it is lovely. LOTV never fail to set the scene but you have enhanced it.

meg said...

beautiful romantic card the topper and embellishments are so beautiful

Sandra H said...

So pretty x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely romantic wedding card Marianne.
I'm not getting an email notification when you have commented on my blog, don't know what's happening there. I only found out when I actually looked in the comments list.
Lorraine

Christine Dol said...

Your line dancing teacher was absolutely correct...whatever you come up with will be beautiful! GORGEOUS Marianne!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable wedding card and those wooden hearts look so interesting!!!!

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful wedding card, love the image.
Hugs
Linda xxx

cuilliesocks said...

It's quite beautiful Marianne, it's an image that I love and have in stamp form. Your colours and embellishments are so pretty, especially the hearts.
Just back from visiting my BIL as things are not good, hence I've missed your cards over the last week, sorry about that, hope you are well, Kate x

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the beautiful image and the pretty details you added!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO VERY Beautiful, gorgeous image and love all the little details so make it a VERY Special card.
Faith x

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Marianne, such a lovely image..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the fab image.xxx

Carol S. said...

A beautiful card and love the design. Pretty detail too. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Fikreta said...

gorgeous card!

Tracy Welham said...

Stunning card Marianne. It's so nice when you are free to use your creativity as you wish because somebody appreciates your work. I love the texture of the frantage on the hearts. Creative Blessings, Tracy x