Friday 9 August 2019

I finished it!


I started this cross stitch on 1st July and finished it on 6th August. I found it so addictive and as the picture grew I wanted to sew more and more. I haven't done any cross stitch for about 15 years and have never worked on blank material just using a pattern. I have also never outlined in backstitch before but I was so impressed with the way the backstitching brought the picture to life. 

I wanted to fit it into the 8" embroidery hoop so that did mean altering the pattern a bit.  I kept the fairy the same size, moved the moon, left off a couple of stars and reduced the size of the toadstools. I didn't want to buy all new threads so matched the colours as near as possible with the ones I already had, just buying a couple for her skin.  

I learnt a lot along the way such as moving your finger from underneath when putting the needle through. I lost count of the number of times I pricked my finger that way. I was going to sell it but love it so much she is now hanging in my craft room. I am looking forward to starting another soon but first I must sew some things for my next craft fair in September. If you would like to sew one go and check out the designs on the LOTV Etsy shop, link in my sidebar. 

18 comments:

Janette said...

So lovely, haven't done any cross stitch since I was a child but always enjoyed it.x

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! I love the sweet image!! It looks amazing!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Christine Dol said...

This is amazing Marianne! You did such a great job!!!!!!! Way to go! Great Christmas gift if you make another one! Lots of work but soooo worth the wait to see it!

meg said...

Beautiful work Marianne she's adorable haven't done cross stitching for many years this tempts me to have another go

Kath said...

She's beautiful Marianne - far too lovely to sell! I used to do a lot of cross stitch embroidery and have sewn many pictures. I now just keep a few small items in our campervan - just in case of a rainy day!
Kath x

Mrs A. said...

I haven’t done any cross stitch for far too many years to remember but seeing your gorgeous make has rekindled my interest. When my shoulder eases up will try a small one. Off to look at lotv. Hugs Mrs A. .

Lynne said...

This is lovely and very neat stitching too x

Mrs A. said...

Oh dear! I have just seen the May ( being my birth month) cross stitch pattern and i’m Hooked.!! Hugs Mrs A.

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful finished cross stitch, love the image.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Fikreta said...

Very nice !

cotnob said...

This is beautiful Marianne, so pretty - it looks like a lot of work.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a glorious image and such neat stitching a fabulous result, you must be so pleased with yourself. I gave my only attempt to my MiL to finish MANY years ago, that has put me off, but I so admire your result.
Faith x

Jackie T said...

Hi this is stunning I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Sandra H said...

This is gorgeous x

Carol S. said...

If you need any material for cross stitch, email me, as I have a large box full of it and various colours. This fairy is one of my favourite stamps and she looks so pretty in the frame. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

So lovely to see it all made up! Gorgeous job Marianne. I too would want to keep that for my craft room! So lovely hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous cross stitching!!

pinky said...

Well done and it's so cute! I used to enjoy a bit of cross stitch but my eyes didn't enjoy it unfortunately.