Tuesday 8 October 2019

Happy Birthday to me and a look in my craftroom


Happy Birthday to me today.   I chose my presents from Graham, a pair of burgundy ankle boots, a Gorjuss Girl calendar and diary and the new hardback Elly Griffiths' novel.  We started the celebrations on Sunday when as you may have seen we went out for a meal and to the theatre. Today we will be going to line dancing class at lunchtime as usual as I don't want to miss it and tonight we will be enjoying a M&S meal at home with a bottle of wine. We have something planned for later in the week which I will tell you about on Sunday.

So I thought I would share one of my noticeboards in my craft room with you today just for a change. The fabric heart was given to me by a friend to remember her Mum who was one of our best friends. She died a few years ago from cancer and the heart is made from one of her favourite dresses. The butterfly brooch I added because we shared a love of butterflies and I bought it from a cancer charity. 

I have a lot of my favourite things on this board, photo of hubby in Florida, Pooh bear, Gorjuss Girls, used book tokens including a special edition Harry Potter one, tags friends have made, two cards from Faye which inspire me to improve my colouring and a butterfly tag I made at a workshop at a craft show. I don't know if you can read the kraft tag but it was attached to weekly organiser from a friend and it reads "For the most organised person I have ever known." 

17 comments:

Ela said...

Happy birthday to you! Have a nice day. Hoe lovely your noticeboard with lots of memories. Hugs Ela

Stamps and Paper said...

Happy Birthday Marianne and hope uou have a lovely day

Anne

Kath said...

Happy Birthday Marianne - enjoy your celebrations!
Kath x

cuilliesocks said...

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday Marianne, looks like you have a fabulous day planned. Lovely gifts from Graham too.
Your notice board is full of beautiful memories, had beautifully laid out too, Kate x x

Sandra H said...

Happy birthday Marianne wishing you a lovely day love your notice board x

Janette said...

Happy birthday, enjoy your day.xx

Jackie T said...

Have a wonderful birthday. That noticeboard is gorgeous. I love Elly Griffith's books I have only just discovered them and I am hooked. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Christine Dol said...

Happy Birthday Marianne! I love your noticeboard with all the things you cherish and can look at each day! You are such a thoughtful person by the looks of the things you cherish! Have a wonderful day!!!!!!!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!! So many plans to enjoy your special day! Yay!
Adorable noticed board, full of interesting things! I can recognize also a lovely tag from Brenda :) The hanging heart is just delightful

Linda Simpson said...

Happy Birthday Marianne, hope you had a good line dancing class.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Happy Birthday, Hope you have had a super day, Love Hazelxx

Sarah said...

Hope you have had a wonderful day. Love your noticeboard xx

Fikreta said...

Happy birthday!
Hope you had a good birthday!

aussie aNNie said...

Happy Birthday and enjoy your day..nice pressies you got for yourself.xx

Tracy Welham said...

Birthday Blessings,Marianne. Wonderful noticeboard, lots of lovely memories and items. Creative Blessings Tracy x

brenda said...

Belated happy birthday Marianne, sounds like you have had a good week so far.

B x

Jules said...

Hi Marianne

Belated happy birthday wishes .. .. you certainly sound like you are cramming a lot of great things into celebrating .. .. exactly as you should!

Love your notice board, very clean and neat and holding lots of lovely memories. Mine is smothered in addresses, lists and things I don't want to go astray. Very messy but a constant lifesaver! LOL!!

Enjoy the rest of your birthday week.

Love Jules xx