Friday 11 October 2019

Cosy penguin


I thought I wold make a few gift bags to sell and Lili of the Valley coloured simply prints are great to use. The papers are LOTV from last year. I used an old Martha Stewart snowflake border punch. I haven't used this for a few years I should think and had forgotten how effective it is.  I also used a MFT wonky stitched oval on the image and a snowflake die. 

Hobbycraft kindly send a £5 gift voucher on your Birthday if you have a loyalty card and after seeing someone on Facebook buy a tag punch I decided to buy one. I have tag dies but the punch is so quick to use and I thought it would be ideal for my cardmaking classes too. It cuts 3 different sizes, very ingenious I thought. Yes I know I could cut the shape and punch a hole in it but I want to make some packs of dies and the punch will make it much quicker giving me more time to spend doing the fun part of decorating them.

15 comments:

brenda said...

Pretty to make gifts extra special and I shall be having a look for that punch.

B x

meg said...

Beautifully decorated gift bag the topper and papers are gorgeous

cotnob said...

A lovely gift bag Marianne, such a sweet image.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sandra H said...

So pretty they do make a big difference dressing up the plain bags love it and great image too x

Lynne said...

A super gift bag. I love the colours and that snowflake punch does certainly show up well x

Christine Dol said...

OK...this is super duper cute! I love this!!!!!! That image has me just in awhhhhh...adorable! You used some of your favourite colours!!!! I have that punch too....mmmmmm...may have to bring it out!!!!!
Have a wonderful weekend!

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is very beautiful Marianne
Gr Karin

Jackie T said...

This is a gorgeous gift bag. I love the image you have used. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Linda Simpson said...

Just gorgeous, a beautiful image and love the papers.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Liz said...

I love how you've decorated your bag and the matching tag is a perfect finishing touch. I'd forgotten that Hobbycraft send you a £5 voucher for your birthday. Hopefully I'll be getting mine next month. xx

cuilliesocks said...

Totally adorable image and a gorgeous gift bag Marianne. Love your colours and the snowflake border is beautiful, tag looks super, Kate x

Carol S. said...

A pretty bag and a sweet image. Great snowflake ribbon. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Fikreta said...

its super sweet!

Chrissy said...

Adorable sweet image Marianne and love your gift bag..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I too love using big punches instead dies for the quick work they made. And have the three in one tag punch too :)
Adorable gift bag, love the colours and that LOTV image! Great design!