Thursday 3 October 2019

Another addiction


After so many years of not doing cross stitch I find myself addicted to it. I bought a cross stitch magazine and it had this pattern in it. It can also be made for a cat lover so that is next on my list. It was meant to be a hanger on a wooden dowel but I wanted to fit it into a round frame so adapted the pattern to fit. I do like the back to be neat so cover the back with a felt circle attached to the frame. 

Because this was meant to be a different shape I only just had enough material to go inside the hoop but the next one I will be making I have cut a big enough circle to gather the back in after looking at a tutorial on the web. You gather it in with a running stitch and then cover with a felt circle.  Being only 4" this is a fairly quick project and I do love sewing whilst watching TV unless it is a really gripping drama.  It is the first time I have ever sewn text and I was pleased with how easy and effective it turned out.

18 comments:

meg said...

love this a pet does make a house a home

Glennis F said...

It looks great

Kath said...

This is lovely Marianne. I used to do lots of cross stitch, not so much now although I did pick up some small kits from a charity shop yesterday for only 75p each!
Kath x

Janette said...

Its gorgeous, so cute.xx

Doreen said...

Fabulous stitching Marianne.x

Jackie T said...

Hi this is gorgeous it is just so cute. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Christine Dol said...

It is true....a pet does make a home! THIS IS AWESOME Marianne! I would love one of these...which you lived closer I tell ya!

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's cute and beautiful Marianne
Gr Karin

Linda Simpson said...

This is beautiful, I love knitting whilst watching TV :)
Hugs
Linda xxx

Sandra H said...

Oh this is just so cute x

Sarah said...

This is really lovely Marianne. The colours are wonderful. I have used complimentary patterned paper as a backing too x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is a lovely project and gift Marianne.
Lorraine

Liz said...

This is so pretty, Marianne. xx

cuilliesocks said...

This is just lovely Marianne, your stitching is brilliant, Kate x

Fikreta said...

Gorgeous !

Pop's Cards said...

I love this, I have not seen this one, its very addictive hugs pops x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous idea! Love this cross stitch pattern!!

cotnob said...

This is sweet Marianne, lovely colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x