Friday 22 April 2022

New stencil


So I unexpectedly had some crafting time yesterday and had another try at using my new tree stencil from Card-io.  I said in an earlier post I had watched a Youtube tutorial from Laura Wenn, one of the Card-io DT.  I was pleased with some of my first effort but not entirely happy, certainly not good enough to put onto a card.

So I had another go.  I discovered repositional tape runner which is a revelation for making these cards.  I used it on the back of the stencil and it held it in place much better than using bits of washi tape as I had done before.

I learnt a lot of tips from the tutorial, some I liked and some techniques I didn't so ignored those this time.  The tutorial had a little boy under the tree but I decided to go with hares.  I made a stencil for the moon using a circle die and a piece of acetate.

I could have added some shading under the grass and hares but as I was happy with it didn't want to mess it up at the last minute.  I will definitely be having another go with different colours.  I also bought the ivy stencil so hoping to try that out on Saturday.  

One of the best purchases was definitely the texture stamp set which I used for the leaves, grass and flowers.  This is a must have for Card-io fans.  It adds so much to the picture.

12 comments:

meg said...

Absolutely stunning,love the colour and moody atmospheric sunset

brenda said...

Lovely in the tone on tone colours Marianne, but be warned stencils are addictive, mine now have a drawer of their own!

B x

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous card. I love it. Have a good weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Debbie said...

Wow I absolutely love this hun. Beautiful scene xx

dolcreations said...

WOW WOW Marianne. This is awesome! The leaves...the scene!!!!!!!

Doreen said...

Just gorgeous,love the colour.xxx

cuilliesocks said...

WOW!! I absolutely love your card, and the stencil looks wonderful, gorgeous colours too and the little hare is so sweet.
This is one of the stencils I bought along with the toadstool, not yet tried them, Kate x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Thank you for the tip about re-positional tape runner, I will have a try. Your card is fabulous, love so much the purple choice and all the details of your scene!

Pauline C said...

Eautiful card .. love the stencil and everything about your scene .. the grass stamp definitely does add lovely texture. Great hint about repositionable tape runner .. I’ve not come across this but will look into it. You made me smile when you mentioned resisting last minute shading .. I did exactly that and messed up a card last minute yesterday .. had to do a repair job !!
Pauline xx

Carol S. said...

Love the scene you have created Marianne and the hares are gorgeous. A great colour too. Hugs, Carol S.xx

aussie aNNie said...

Incredible project and most lovely colours here x

Chrissy said...

Wonderful Marianne, love the stamps and colours and the beautiful scene with that fabulous moon and hares, gorgeous card..

Luv CHRISSYxx