Thursday 14 April 2022

Card for a friend


A friend of mine lost her Mum so I wanted to make her a sympathy card.  Her Mum was 96 and had a fall so was taken into hospital.  Unfortunately after being in there for a little while with arrangements made for her to go home with 24 hour care she died in hospital.

I think sympathy cards should be kept fairly simple and I wanted to make a personalised card for my friend.  She loves nature and helps to rescue hedgehogs so I made a simple wreath card and added a hedgie to the bottom.  The sentiment is Inkylicious.

I ordered some more stamps, stencils and inks from Card-io after seeing so many lovely cards on theor Facebook group.  I haven't had time to use them yet though.  I have been busy sewing, chores and sorting out my stuff ready for my next craft fair on Saturday.

Yesterday we had a trip out for back massages and lunch and today we are visiting my Mum, going our for lunch and then food shopping.

 

10 comments:

brenda said...

I think it's a very fitting card for occasion Marianne.

B x

meg said...

A beautifully designed card Marianne

Sandra H said...

So pretty your recipient will absolutely love it x

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous card for your friend. You have a busy few days coming up. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is a beautiful sympathy card and I agree that simple works better for these sad occasions.
Lorraine

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely sympathy card, your wreaths are always so pretty!

Chrissy said...

Such a shame, beautiful card Marianne..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Carol S. said...

A beautiful card and love the design. The cute Hedgehog is a kind thought too. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Pauline C said...

Beautiful card Marianne .. I agree with you sympathy cards should be fairly simple, and this is perfect
Pauline x

cuilliesocks said...


It's a beautiful card for your friend Marianne, I love the stamps you've used and the colours. I agree, simple cards for a sad occasion, Kate x