Friday 1 April 2022

Daisy nails


 I had gel nails done a few times and have been so pleased with them I now have them done regularly.  I thought I would show you the ones I had done yesterday.

Before I had them done the first time I read a lot about them as I didn’t want anything which would damage my nails. I have always loved having polish on my nails but the process of doing them at home is time consuming and after a few days they chip and I have to redo them. I regularly break nails too so end up with some shorter than others.

These just stay perfect, my nails don’t break and all that happens is my nails grow so after about three weeks I have the old polish removed, my nails filed shorter, cuticles tidied and gel polish applied. It also enables me to try out different colours as I couldn’t have such a range of colours at home.

Watching her paint them nail art is fascinating. It is the first time I have had this done. She uses a tool like a small ended embossing tool to apply the yellow dots. Then applies the white dots for the petals and pulls out the dots to form lines.

9 comments:

meg said...

They are absolutely beautiful

Jackie T said...

Your nails are gorgeous. Thank you for sharing. Take care. Hugs Jackie

dolcreations said...

So pretty Marianne! This is so you! The colours are your favourite too!

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful nails just love the colours... I had mine done before I went on a cruise, they looked fantastic and lasted for 3 weeks but sadly they damaged my nails so much I didn't have them done again...

Anne

Sandra H said...

I just love your nails am l right and your favourite colour too? xx

cuilliesocks said...

Your nails are gorgeous Marianne, I love that colour and the daisy motif. Never had gel nails, I had shellac once is that the same, don't know. I always had nail polish on, not so much now, as you say it's time consuming doing it at home, have a lovely weekend, Kate x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous nails, love the daisies!

brenda said...

They look lovely and snap Marianne, I had daisies last time round, changed Thursday to black and orange ombre. For years I've had mine done fortnightly as they grow so fast and I keep them longish, it was the thing I missed most during the lockdowns.

B x

aussie aNNie said...

wow and why am I not surprised with the colour purple..xx