Wednesday 27 April 2022

Finally another Christmas card


This is only my fourth Christmas card I have made so far this year which is a bit slow so I need to get a wiggle on and get some made.  I decided to try a Winter scene with the Card-io tree stencil I recently bought.  I am really pleased with how this turned out.  I used chipped sapphire and salty ocean distress oxides.  I used it it very lightly around where I wanted the moon to be.  I made a circle stencil with acetate and a small circle die and used white ink for the moon.

I added some lines to the tree using a black fineliner pen and created the scene using Card-io stamps.  The new texture stamps which I used for the grass are absolutely invaluable and if you like Card-io stamps and haven't bought these I urge you to do so.  I am using them a lot as they really add so much to the scene.  I used the grass stamp from the set, masking it off in places.

12 comments:

meg said...

Absolutely brilliant,love the layout and your choice of stamps

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous card Marianne

gr karin

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful card Marianne....


Anne

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A fabulous scene, great use of the masking technique to create depth too.
Lorraine

dolcreations said...

Absolutely beautiful! You are so good at making these scenes! WOW WOW WOW!

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous Christmas card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Brilliant card Marianne, love so much the tree stencil and the cute wintery scene in vibrant blues and white!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This has a beautifully made scene Marianne, love the colours and choice of stamps too.
Faith x

cuilliesocks said...

Your card is really lovely Marianne, love the shades of blue and the animals are adorable, it's a brilliant scene. I'm loving this stencil, Kate x

Carol S. said...

Another gorgeous scene and love the animals. The tree is amazing. Hugs, Carol S.xxx

Pauline C said...

Absolutely love this Marianne … fabulous stencil, brilliant colouring and I agree that grass stamp set is a must have .. I think I must have it !! I don’t have any Card -io stamps but it will work really well also for Lavinia scenes 😀

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous scene and card Marianne..

Luv CHRISSYxx