Tuesday 27 November 2018

Tea light gift boxes


I should be making Christmas cards really but sometimes I get an idea and just have to give it a go. I bought some tea lights and thought I could make some gift boxes with those for my next trading day on Monday. I am not the best at construction as the first attempt in my bin proves. However after an adjustment in calculations making sure the lid was slightly bigger than the base I made these.

I cut a star out of the lids and then used some cute MFT tiny stitched tag dies, sparkly poinsettias from Hobbycraft and some bells and berries from my stash.

I would like to enter these into anything but a card challenge at Crafteezee.

17 comments:

Christine Dol said...

Marianne....these are awesome!!!!!!

Lia said...

This is such a nice gift and I like it very much!
Lia xx

cotnob said...

Super gifts Marianne, I love the star shaped windows.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sandra H said...

Beautiful braces x

Sandra H said...

Sorry previous comment should read beautiful boxes x

Kath said...

These boxes are lovely and will make perfect gifts.
Kath x

Isobel said...

Think these are fabulous x

Linda Simpson said...

These are beautiful.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Wendy L said...

These look super Marianne, a great gift too, should sell well. Xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely gift idea Marianne

Anne

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Marianne, beautiful card and decorated beautifully. I'm not good at construction either, I'm not a measurer. These will sell well,Kate x x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Beautiful gift, love the paper you used and the star shape.
Faith
x

Carol S. said...

Lovely boxes and a great design. I do make a lot of boxes and the easiest way to get the lid right is just cut the lid 2mm longer and 2mm wider than the piece for the base. Then score and fold the same depth on all sides on both pieces base and lid. Adding the extra 2mm gives you enough extra to fit over the base. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Lisa said...

They are so gorgeous!! I love the star shaped windows and the beautiful sparkly poinsettias!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely gift box, perfect for holding the tea light!

Fikreta said...

its so very nice card!
hugs

Fikreta said...

these gifts are so nice!
hugs