Thursday 29 November 2018

Material baubles this time


I really enjoyed making the paper baubles which you may have seen on my blog. I have always wanted to make some material ones and after looking at Pinterest and a with a friend's help on Facebook I had a go at them. I bought some slightly larger polystyrene balls for these.

The light yesterday was awful, so gloomy so it was hard to get a photo/


This is a slightly better pic of one of them. Basically you make hem almost the same as the paper ones but the material is folded diagonally into a triangle then diagonally again so the rough edges are at the top of each point. 

I diecut the squares on the first one but that took a long time as unlike paper I had to cut one at a time and then some of the material didn't cut right through it all. So for the second one I measured and cut 5cm squares and my lovely new Fiskars rotary cutter which I bought at the NEC came in very handy.

Challenges
Simon Says anything goes
Crafteezee anything but a card

14 comments:

Isobel said...

Absolutely beautiful. Your a very talented lady x

Janette said...

Absolutely gorgeous baubles...x

meg said...

Beautiful baubles Marianne

Carole Pollard said...

Loved the paper ones and these are just as lovely the fabric looks amazing but i bet it takes you longer to do If you can bring yourself to part with them they will fly out on your craft stall Love and hugs Carole x

Sandra H said...

So pretty x

Lisa said...

Wow!! They look so amazing!! I love the fabrics you used!! I love these!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Christine Dol said...

GORGEOUS ….I love these Marianne!

cotnob said...

Beautiful baubles Marianne, so pretty.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Fikreta said...

so very beautiful baubles!
hugs

cuilliesocks said...

Gosh Marianne, there is no end to what you create, these bauble are stunning, the material you've chosen is gorgeous, another great selling me thinks, Kate x

Linda Simpson said...

These are beautiful.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

They are so precious!!! Amazing decorations, well done!

Carol S. said...

Lovely baubles. The blue one is my fave. I have made these for years and have a few small ones left on my stall. I sold all my big ones, that took over 100 squares of fabric and over 200 sequin pins. Yours will sell very quickly. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful baubles Marianne I’ve just made one using ribbon I think there’s lovely

Anne