Thursday 22 November 2018

Some for the ladies


You may have seen the cards for men I posted last week which were made using Hunkydory toppers. When they asked me to review some of their products I also chose the Amethyst Dreams papers and  The Little Book of Garden Treasures. I used both of those to create these 7x7 cards.


I am often asked for cards without cute images, suitable for older ladies. Now my Mum loves cute images but they are not for everyone and these beautiful images really don't need too much embellishing especially if they are used for smaller cards.

The papers are absolutely stunning. However I have to be honest and say the only thing I am not so keen on is that they are shiny and I really prefer matte papers. I have enjoyed working with these and thank Hunkydory for asking me to review them.

I shall be at the hospital craft fair today so a very early start.  Up at 5.15 to get ready and load up the car as we get there about 7.30 to set up. 

12 comments:

Jane Willis said...

I've been doing a review for Hunkydory too and I wasn't keen on the shiny finish either. It's a pity as the artwork is beautiful and the cards you've made showcase it perfectly.

meg said...

Two beauties Marianne, I prefer a matt finish too easier to match to the papers

Stamps and Paper said...

These are beautiful cards Marianne

Anne

Linda Simpson said...

These are beautiful.
Hugs
Linda xxx

cotnob said...

Fabulous cards Marianne, beautiful images.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely stunning card, and they would have been the sort my mum would have liked. Your designs are gorgeous and those flower embellishments are beautiful,have a super day at the hospital shop, Kate x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Gorgeous creations Marianne. Hope it goes well today for sales.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Carol S. said...

A gorgeous card and agree with you on the shiny papers. I have a lot of their books I use for my outlet, where I supply with cards. LOTV little books were matt and would be my choice if they came back. Only because of the finish, Hope you did well today. We are at Martham on Saturday. Just hope the weather is a bit better than last Tuesday. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Love your cards with these papers, they are so sweet and feminine!!! Fab colours and images!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Marianne, these are beautiful hun! Love the toppers, but your paper combo and embellies are just delish! They bring the images alive! Gorgeous hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Lisa said...

They are both so gorgeous!! The images are absolutely beautiful!! I love the colors!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Fikreta said...

very nice!
hugs