Tuesday 13 November 2018

Pine cone bauble tutorial


I have been wanting to make these ever since I saw some on Pinterest and thanks to a tutorial From Enfys Cashmore on Fiskarettes UK on Facebook I found out how to make them. I decided to include a tutorial on here so if you want to make them you may find it useful and also for my own reference for another year.

You will need lots of 1" squares of two papers, a polysterene ball lots of pins, ribbon and any embellishments you want to add.


Start by folding two corners on one side of each square.


Attach four squares with the points meeting at the bottom of the ball. Attach each one with three pins as shown. I stuck another square over the bottom once I had finished to make it look neater.


Now start building up your layers. Attach a layer of one colour with the points level with the joins of the bottom layer. Each paper will be secured with two pins with the point hanging down.


Fill in the gaps with the second colour. Keep building up the layers in this way. Always do the same colour of each layer first otherwise the pattern won't look right.


When you have one layer to go pin a loop of ribbon at the top.


I added some sparkly poinsetias to the top of mine. You could add bows, berries, holly leaves or just do another layer of papers.

Challenges
Winter Wonderland what you love to do at Christmas (I love Christmas decorations) 
The Ribbon Girl anything goes 
Crafteezee anything but a card

21 comments:

brenda said...

So different Marianne and fascinating how you built them up. One of our Allsorts girls was having the same issues with commenting.

B x

Enfys said...

They look great Marianne, super photo tut as well!
Hugs
Enfys

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

WOW!!! Amazing baubles! Very creative and classy!! Thanks so much for the tutorial!

meg said...

These are beautiful, really love the papers you used thanks for the tutorial

Christine Harrop said...

These are great. Must have a go at them since I already have the polystyrene balls sitting around. Christine

pinky said...

Spotted these on facebook and had to come over Marianne. Just beautiful, will have to have a go. Thanks for the tutorial. x

Carole Pollard said...

Another fantastic idea love the colours on yours they are so pretty make more your will need loads of these to sell in your shop they will fly out .Sorry I've not been around much but Hubby has had lots of hospital stuff recently thankfully its coming to the end of his treatment so might get a chance soon to get back to some normality Love and hugs Carole x

Aunty Sue said...

oh I bet you enjoyed making these what size ball did you use sounds like something I fancy trying. Loving the papers

Christine Dol said...

Oh Marianne...these are awesome! Thank-you so much for taking time to make a wonderful tutorial! The step by step pictures will be helpful when I try this out! SOOO cool!

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such fantastic baubles Marianne. Awesome colours & great photography.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, I love these!! Your tutorial is fabulous!! I'm definitely going to give these a try!! Thanks for the inspiration!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sandra H said...

They are gorgeous x

Linda Simpson said...

These are fabulous!
Hugs
Linda xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Wow Marianne, these are gorgeous baubles, so much work gone into them. I love your combination of papers too. Thanks for the tutorial, I'd love to have a try, but I'm not a paper engineer...but you never know, Kate x

cotnob said...

Beautiful baubles Marianne, they are so pretty.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Deborah said...

Great decorations.
Deborah

aussie aNNie said...

Clever deco's Marianne x

Fikreta said...

these are so adorable decorations!

Chrissy said...

Wonderful decorations Marianne..so clever..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Ribbon Girl said...

very nice - one day I'll get round to trying one too - thanks for joining in with the November 'anything goes' challenge, best of luck, Mary x
www.ribbongirl.co.uk

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Wow! These are utterly FAB Marianne! Love them both!! Hugs, Wends xoxo