Friday 3 August 2018

My name is Graham


I saw a scrapbook sketch on a Facebook page and it inspired me to make a layout. The photos were taken in America. The top one was in Mount Dora in a lovely cupcake shop and the bottom one in Starbucks. Now over here I find their coffee rather bitter, much preferring Costa or an independent coffee shop. Over there Starbucks are everywhere and the coffee is much nicer. However they do seem to have a problem with Graham's name. It is easier to say mine which they write as Maryann usually. We are often amused by what they put on the cups and this must be the worst interpretation of his name.  

I had an old Starbucks card which I added to my layout. The title wooden sticker is from The Works. The denim washi tape and the scalloped border are from America.

I would like to enter this into the holidays challenge at Creative Inspirations.

Some friends have asked if we would like to go for a walk on the beach late afternoon and then a meal in the cafe/restaurant there. It is a nice quiet beach we are going to at Cartgap.

15 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is super, what a lovely layout, it seems to be thenorm with starbucks to get names wrong, with ever so funny consequences at times, Hazelx

Doreen said...

A fabulous page.xxx

Carole Pollard said...

Brilliant Mt Dora is one of my favourite places to visit.We stayed in a villa near there the first time we went to Florida 25 years ago and we till love visiting. We have had some laughs on the coffee cups as well they seem to think a Carole has a K at the beginning !! Great layout and a wonderful fun memory Love and hugs Carole x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous layout to keep your hubby. The note made me laugh! :D

Christine Dol said...

You always do the best layouts! This is fabulous. Love the picture of Graham and the two cups! Have a wonderful afternoon!

cotnob said...

A super layout Marianne, I hope you have a lovely afternoon/evening.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous layout and papers on the scrapbook page.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lisa said...

What a fabulous page and fun story!! Where did they come up with Grayan??!! Love this!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Fikreta said...

so very nice!
hugs

Sarah said...

A fabulous page Marianne, sure to bring a smile every time you look at it!! xx

Carol S. said...

Brilliant page and a clever layout. I am surprised how many people have to put an 'e' on the end of my name. My nephews wife is also Carol and spelt the same as mine, yet on cards to me, she puts an 'e' on the end of mine!! Very few people get hubby's name right, Warwick, so he shortened it to Rick. W went to Gorleston beach today. I even had a paddle!! Haven't heard of Cartgap!! Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Carol S.xx

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous layout Marianne and super photo of Graham, Kate x x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Gosh this made me laugh Marianne. My hubby Greg when he worked in LA for a while, would get the most hilarious 'name changes' from Starbucks! I think it's a 'thing', to see how diverse they can make it, LOL. He would get Creg, Crag, Grig, it was crazy. No one, ever, got his name, Greg, right! LOL. So I really got a kick out of seeing this layout. Such a fun way to commemorate that funny moment! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Anne said...

That's such a fun page Marianne, who'd have thought it would be so hard to get Graham right!!
Anne x

Liz McGuire, said...

Thanks for joining in the fun at Creative Inspirations Challenge, Your make is so cool, Liz x