Monday 6 August 2018

Cute Rudolph


Well my day yesterday didn't go as well as I had hoped. I did spend much of the day crafting but didn't get as much done as I planned. I had a disaster when I went to print as two inks had run out. I changed the yellow, no problem. Then I opened the blue and it leaked, aargh. I had bright blue fingers and it stains terribly. I scrubbed my hands with cream cleaner and a lot of it came out and it gradually faded with each wash. I sorted that out and then carried on crafting. I thought I was doing well for time only to find my clock needed a new battery!

So what did I make? Well LOTV have a new range of printable downloadable patterns to make felt toys but the patterns can also be used in other ways and the DT were asked if any of us would make a few examples. I have used one of the Precious patterns Christmas softies. There is a reindeer, snowman, gingerbread man and a penguin. 

I printed the template and then copied it to 70% size. Cut out the templates and then cut round those on the different coloured card. I added pearls and a bow from Hobbycraft. The main paper is an old one and the banners were cut with MFT pierced banner dies and LOTV kraft Christmas digi papers. The sentiment is one of the new LOTV ones.

I would like to enter this into the holidays challenge at Creative Inspirations.

17 comments:

meg said...

Smashing card and wonderful little reindeer

Glennis F said...

It's the 'rule of three' for disasters!!!
Glad your day improved

Stamps and Paper said...

Od dear what a frustrating day you had and I know exactly what you mean about ink on hands its such a devil to get off...BUT at least you produced this sweet little reindeer card...Hope you have a better day today

Anne

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely new digi papers from LOTV and pretty card!
My fingers and nails are always coloured! LOL :D

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely beautiful Marianne, lovely papers and such a cute Rudolph, Kate x x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous, fab design .xxx

Paper Scissors Glitter said...

Love this card with the reindeer Marianne. The papers are lovely too. Thanks for entering this month's challenge at Creative Inspirations and good luck Jayne DT

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh whata cutie, I love the shape of this wee deer as it makes me think of my fav teddy when I was small. Hope you have had all your disasters for this month now, Hazelx

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful, love the papers.
Hugs
Linda xxx

pinky said...

Nothing stains the fingers worse Marianne! Frustrating!! I love your card. Lovely idea to use the template.

cotnob said...

A cute card Marianne, a sweet reindeer.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Isobel said...

Really cute card x

Gina's Cards said...

Awww this is adorable! Love the cute reindeer and the bow finishes it off perfectly. Thank you for playing along at Creative Inspirations, good luck and I hope you will join us again!
Hugs
Gina xx

Carol S. said...

He's adorable and love his bow. Gorgeous papers too. Sounds like you had a bit of a disaster day. It's very frustrating, when you can't get what you wanted to do, done! Then getting covered with printer ink, just finishes the day!! Hugs, Carol S.xxx

Lisa said...

So absolutely adorable!! I love the reindeer and his fabulous bow tie!! What a beautiful card!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Chrissy said...

So adorable Marianne, I love his little bow tie, so cute.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Fikreta said...

Wonderful card!
hugs