Wednesday 8 July 2020

Hello

We had our first trip into Norwich yesterday as Graham had a haircut booked, lucky him. Mine is 20th July. We were both wondering how safe we would feel but it was quieter than normal. I didn’t feel like lingering in the shops but the few we did go in because we needed a few things were well prepared. One way systems, hand sanitiser everywhere and most people social distancing. We wore masks but the majority of people didn’t. Of those who did some wore them under their chins or under their noses which were no good at all. We even felt safe enough to have lunch in a small place we like. There were only two other couples in there and we were well spaced apart. Everything was sanitised before and after use and it was so nice to have a meal someone else had cooked.

Well whilst hubby is painting my craft room my stuff is spread between the craft room and spare room and I thought I would be able to work like that but I just can’t. I can’t get to lots of stuff easily, hate working in mess in a small space, my chair won’t move across the bedroom carpet and there is nowhere to put things whilst diecutting etc. So I decided the best thing is just to do some colouring. I have a box of images and my Copics and will at least have them ready to make into cards. I hope to be back sharing some cards with you very soon. 

7 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Marianne, so pleased that your visit to town was such a good experience and that you felt safe, and a lovely bite to eat too, lovely not to cook, Kate x x

Chrissy said...

It is good that you were able to get out and about for awhile and I bet your room will look super when it is all finished hope we get to see some pictures..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Carol S. said...

Thank you for the comment you left on my post. We did go to Wroxham and it was heaving. Probably because all Roy's stores had opened that day. I have had a sort out in my craft room and have so far, bagged up over 100 magazines! I will have to go to Norwich soon, as I need to buy something to wear for my son's wedding on 4th September. I am a bit concerned though, about trying clothes on that someone else had! What a strange world we are living in at the moment.xx

cotnob said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to Norwich, enjoy your colouring.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh golly thats a treat getting a haircut!! Bet he feels better for it. From tomorrow its mandatory that we wear masks in shops up here. Ive worn one since the end of April so no change for me. Mind you its been mandatory for public transport for a few weeks and I saw a bus with folk the other day and none had masks on. Enjoy your colouring, Hazelx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Many years since I was in Norwich, I wonder why people aren't wearing masks? I'm glad to hear you felt safe, we haven't ventured yet, AND enjoyed a meal cooked my someone else :) I'm still nervous about being close to people, Yep! VERY strange times.
Take care
Faith x

Christine Dol said...

It was wonderful that you got out for a bit and that you had a good experience. I bet Graham felt fantastic after his haircut! Your craft room sounds like it going to be soooo nice! Enjoy your day!