Friday 24 July 2020

Craftroom update



On Wednesday we picked up the new carpet for my craftroom and yesterday we started clearing the room again. This morning we emptied out the rest and the carpet fitter is coming at 11. I had this old pine bookcase in my room to store my stamps and I am delighted with the makeover.


Graham painted it using Frenchic paint, which so many people on Facebook have been recommending. He used an orbital sander then sugar soap before brushing two coats of paint using Frenchic alfresco greyhound.  I look forward to seeing it in the room which has been painted pale grey instead of the lilac. The grey looks lovely with the purple blind, chair and bunting. I will share some pictures at the weekend.

11 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Great transformation Marianne...we've painted all our old pine furniture in our spare bedrooms and it transforms the rooms... looking forward to seeing your ['new' craftroom

Anne

cotnob said...

Your bookcase looks fabulous Marianne, I'm looking forward to seeing your newly decorated craftroom.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

aussie aNNie said...

wow love it, can't wait to see pics of your room. xx

Christine Dol said...

Your bookcase looks amazing Marianne. I cant wait to see the newly done craftroom! Graham did a wonderful job! I painted all our oak dressers in our bedroom and what a difference.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love what he's done with the bookcase, we have one similar, I'll have to see what I can do with it. Look forward to seeing your room.
Faith x

Jackie T said...

What a wonderful make over. I love it. I hope you will show us your craft room when it is finished. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Mrs A. said...

It does look totally different and very nice. I am into grey at the moment. I find it very restful.hope we get to see pictures of your finished room.hugs Mrs A.

Linda Simpson said...

Wonderful makeover. Love the colour.
Hugs
Linda xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Gosh isn't he a handy guy to have around, he's made a brilliant job of it Marianne, Kate x

Chrissy said...

Looks awesome..love the grey.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Fikreta said...

Very nice !