Thursday 30 July 2020

Hug in a Mug


I am really loving using some of my older stuff as much as if I bought new supplies.  There is a trend for making small A6 or slimline cards at the moment but I never liked making rectangular cards. When I first started cardmaking DL cards were very popular. I find square cards much esier to design.

This is a really old Forever Friends wooden stamp which I loved colouring with Copics. When I used to enter challenges there were a lot of sketch challenges and I always loved the ones with multiple papers. It is a great way of using scraps but not something you see people doing so much now. In fact many people don't use papers at all. I love mixing patterns and if you use papers from the same pad a lot of the time they will look good together. I used an old Dovecraft pack North Pole.  The sentiment is an old wooden stamp from Inkadinkadoo, the die is a MFT wonky stitched oval.

I am loving being in my fresh newly decorated craft room and have updated my craft room page with photos. Back tomorrow with a change from Christmas.

17 comments:

BenteS said...

Lovely card, and the image is adorable :))
Your colouring is great!

meg said...

love your image and card

Sandra H said...

Fantastic image Marianne lovely card x

Chrissy said...

So very cute and adorable Marianne, what a lovely image..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This gives me a warm fuzzy feeling, a lovely card.
Faith x

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a stunning card. I love it. That bear is so cute. Take care. Hugs Jackie

cuilliesocks said...

Gorgeous card Marianne, lovely layout and a sweet image, Kate x

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful, such a sweet image.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

This is lovely, what a pretty card, I love the FF bears, I have a lot of the stamps too, I think I have this one as well!! Its so nice to be in a freshly painted room, I love my new crafty place too, Hazel xx

Sarah said...

What a lovely stamp Marianne, a super card x

Claire said...

What a gorgeous bear. The card is great
Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

Lorraine said...

A fab Christmas card Marianne. Love the cute bear...I'm sure I have him somewhere!
Lorraine x

aussie aNNie said...

Awww what a gorgeous card, love the twine and gorgeous papers. xx

cotnob said...

A cute Christmas card Marianne, great papers.
I love nothing more than playing with papers and fussy cutting elements from them.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely card, beautiful match of patterned papers!

Fikreta said...

adorable card!

Christine Dol said...

So just when I thought I had a favourite Christmas card that you made..I see this one...I think this is my favourite now!!!!!!