Tuesday 11 September 2018

Love Heart


I recently bought this large freestanding heart from Craft Heaven and decided to go with a shabby chic look. It would make a lovely Wedding or Anniversary present. I made it Sunday and put it out for sale yesterday. It was the second item I sold and we then went on to sell lots more items including some Christmas ones. In fact I had my best sales since Dec 2016. A tiring day but worthwhile and we always meet some lovely people. A day at the hospital makes you realise how lucky you are. 

The heart was painted with Rustoleum chalk paint. I coloured some cheesecloth with vintage photo distress ink, diecut a heart from patterned hessian and stamped the Inkylicious sentiment using brown ink on kraft. After assembling these I added ribbon from Crafty Ribbons, lace, flowers from Wild Orchid and I am Roses, small wooden hearts from Hobbycraft, a Prima butterfly and some burlap butterflies. I coloured the large wooden butterfly with a Zig wood marker and then a white Wink of Stella brush pen.

Challenges
Simon Says stamp on it 
Crafteezee anything goes 
As you like it favourite non-card make (This was difficult as I love scrapbooking and sewing as well as making shabby chic plaques. I love using different textures on a plaque to create a keepsake.) 
Stamping Sensations Something beginning with B (butterflies, burlap, brown, beige)
The Ribbon Girl anything goes

22 comments:

Isobel said...

Beautiful, I’m glad your sales were so good x

meg said...

Stunning make Marianne, beautiful sentiment and embellishments

brenda said...

What a lovely creation Marianne, so much texture and a lovely sentiment, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful so love this Marianne.x

Ribbon Girl said...

lovely sentiment Marianne! Thanks for joining in with The Ribbon Girl 'anything goes' September challenge, best of luck. Mary xx www.ribbongirl.co.uk

KraftyKoolKat said...

Really gorgeous Marianne. Glad your day went well.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Lynne K said...

This is SO pretty, Marianne! No wonder it sold so quickly. And plenty of "B"s too! Thanks for sharing it with us for our I Spy challenge at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

cotnob said...

This is beautiful Marianne, so pretty.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Christine Dol said...

Really Really pretty Marianne...I love that you always try different ideas and they always turn out so awesome! Glad to hear your day went well! Homemade is such a wonderful thing to purchase!

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the details you added!! You decorated it so beautifully!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Anita Kejriwal said...

Lovely creations . Do visit my blog . I would love if you follow me. I have become your follower
http://craftingforever-anita.blogspot.com/?m=1

Liz McGuire, said...

Oh my, this is beautiful, Liz xx

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Marianne..congratulations on a great day..

luv CHRISSYxx

Sarah said...

Another pretty keepsake Marianne and I am not surprised it was snapped up xx

Fikreta said...

its so pretty!
hugs

Carol S. said...

It's very strange and often happens, that the last thing you make, is one of the first things you sell!!! Your heart is very pretty and not surprised that it went so quickly. Well done on sales too. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Awesome project!

Stampin Mindy said...

AWE! I love your heart shaped card and the wooden butterfly is perfect for the embellishment. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Good luck! ♥

cuilliesocks said...

This is gorgeous Marianne, no wonder it sold so fast, beautifully decorated, Kate x

Squirrel x said...

A romantic memento! Thanks so much for sharing your non-card project with us at AYLI. Hugs xx

Brenda said...

What a wonderful project, I see why it was so popular. Thanks for sharing with us at As You Like It Challenge!