Sunday 14 March 2021

Not my Mum's card!


As the title suggests this isn't the card I made for my Mum.  I can't show that today as my Mum looks at my blog every morning. We will be going to see her this morning so I will share her card tomorrow.

You may have seen a pink card with this image which was for an order. My friend loved it but said she had discovered her MIL's favourite colour is blue so I offered to make her another one in blue. I changed the sentiment on the pink one to Happy Birthday so that has gone into stock for sale.

I used some lovely papers from Craftwork cards. The MFT stitched scallop border die came out again along with an old Xcut oval die.  The lace is from Crafty Ribbons.  I keep rediscovering ways I used to decorate cards and that is to add a rose to the centre of a paper flower. These paper flowers are years old and I am gradually trying to use some of them up.

Happy Mother's Day to all Mums.

 

12 comments:

brenda said...

The yellows really pop against the deep blues Marianne.

B x

aussie aNNie said...

Adorable design, and wow fabulous colours with great stamping. xx

meg said...

Beautiful colour combo and topper

cotnob said...

A pretty card Marianne, the blue papers look lovely with the yellows in the image.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

cuilliesocks said...

It's just beautiful Marianne, love the image, so cute and your design and colours are fabulous, Kate x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So Beautiful Marianne, happy to hear you could reuse the pink card.
Faith x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wonderful colours combo and papers! Love so much this design and such gorgeous flowers!

Tracy Welham said...

Beautiful. I love the papers you have picked and the image is so sweet. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Sandra H said...

So lovely x

dolcreations said...

Such a pretty card Marianne. Honestly you make the prettiest layouts! Your image you chose with the yellow daffodils and the blue flowers is such a perfect colour combo!

Fikreta said...

Very beautiful card!

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Marianne, lovely papers and such a sweet image
Lorraine x