Tuesday 16 March 2021

My Mum's card


I had planned to share this yesterday but stayed out of the craft room at the weekend so didn't get to schedule this post until yesterday afternoon. We went to see my Mum on Sunday for Mother's Day and this is the card I made her. 

I used a cross stitch pack from Hobbycraft I bought recently. I really enjoyed sewing this one so will be using the pattern again. The papers are Craftwork cards, flowers from Wild Orchid. I used a MFT stitched scallop frame die and some Memory Box butterfly dies. I only have one of these doilies left so ordered some more from Ebay. Unfortunately the person I used to buy from is no longer on Ebay so I hope the new ones I ordered will be as nice a quality.

I am planning some creative time in the craftroom today so may have something to share tomorrow.

 

15 comments:

Magic Maggie said...

Lovely card - I bet your Mum loved it (is she a wellies person?)

Our lovely neighbour (kiwi Sue) was clearing out her loft and has brought 10 jigsaws for us to do and pass on to charity - happy days, they are all 1000 piecers!!

Love

Maggie (Bendy Yorkite)

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous card that you made for your mum. How lovely that you could see her. I bet it made her day. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Sandra H said...

So pretty loving the cross stitch x

cotnob said...

A lovely card Marianne, a super colour combination.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

dolcreations said...

This is my favourite cross stitch you have done!!! Your mom must have loved it! So nice you got to visit with your mom!!!! Looking forward to seeing what you get creating today!

Margaret R said...

Beautifully stitched as always love the colours I am sure your mum loved it as well.

meg said...

Love the wellies,the colours are gorgeous,hope you all had a great day

Stamps and Paper said...

Gorgeous Mothers Day card Marianne love the little cross stitch wellies


Anne

Sarah said...

That's a gorgeous design Marianne. Bet your Mum loved it.

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Marianne..I love the cross stitching and lovely butterflies..

Luv CHRISSYxx

cuilliesocks said...

This is just stunning Marianne, I love the picture and your wonderful stitching, such lovely colours too, bet your Mum loved it, Kate x

Tracy Welham said...

That's really beautiful. I love to cross stitch too. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Carol S. said...

A pretty card and bet your Mum loved it. Love the butterflies. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah what a pretty make, I love those wee wellies, Hazel xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely cross stitching and sweet card, surely your Mum has loved it!!