Saturday 13 March 2021

Amongst the flowers


I finished backstitching this one last night and I was so glad to finish it. Backstitching all those leaves became a bit of a chore but I am pleased it is finished. I sewed it in a 5” hoop as the stitching is so near the edge of a 4” hoop. I then transferred it to a 4” hoop and laced across the back of the fabric. A white felt circle to neaten the back and it is all ready for sale. I used a pattern from Durene Jones Etsy shop. 

I always post my makes on Facebook and am very pleased to say that a friend asked to buy it. It is nice to think someone will be enjoying it rather than it just being added to my stock.

Well the weekend has come around again. We have had two more theatre shows rescheduled this week. One of them should have been last year. At least the new dates are later this year. Last week we had one rescheduled to next year so we got a refund instead. I hope we can get to the theatre later in the year as it seems so long since we have been and it is something we really enjoy.

Have a good weekend. Do something that makes you happy. I know choices are limited but we just have to make the most of each day x


15 comments:

meg said...

A fabulous cross stitch design Marianne

Stamps and Paper said...

Sweet cross stitch Marianne...like you we are theatregoers and miss it a lot...our first reschedule is October..so fingers crossed for both of us

Anne

Kath said...

He is so cute Marianne! I love backstitching as I like to see how it brings the image to life - like your cute hedgie.

We've had a couple of shows reschedules from last year - one has now been rescheduled twice. Hopefully they will go ahead later this year.

Kath x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable stitching! You are very talented!

Lorraine said...

He is so cute Marianne. Lovely stitching.
Lorraine x

cotnob said...

This is sweet Marianne, a lovely scene.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

brenda said...

Re-scheduling seems to be the name of the game still, our holiday yet again, a special meal, yet again, one day things might go back to normal.

Pretty embroidery again.

B x

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous cross stitch. That hedgehog is so cute. We have had lots of thing rescheduled. One theatre went out of business so we lost the money. I do hope later in the year we will be able to go to the theatre and the cinema. Have a good weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

ionabunny said...

So pretty and lovely in the wood hoop. Hugz

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful stitching of this lovely hedgie Marianne.
Faith x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ahhh this is adorable, what a cute wee hedgie!!! My Tom had theatre trips planned and he was meant to be in a play in September but all put off. Hoping to hear soon if they will all go ahead later in the year. H xx

Carol S. said...

Very cute image and the pretty hedgehog and flowers. I find backstitching very boring but it really does make the image pop. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Claire said...

Gorgeous. I do not have the patience to crossstitch

aussie aNNie said...

A real masterpiece..xx

cuilliesocks said...

Just so beautiful Marianne, I love your little stitched projects and this little hedgie is so sweet. So good to be able to sell your creations too. Kate x