Thursday 18 March 2021

My first ever card

 Well I did make some cards yesterday but didn’t get round to blogging them. I also sorted through a large box of cards which I have kept over the years. These are mainly handmade, cards from Graham or those that have special memories like Silver Wedding or when I left work. The box was overflowing and I couldn’t get the ones from Christmas and Graham’s Birthday in it.

So I decided it was time for a sort out. It was very interesting looking back at them. I have some gorgeous cards from my friend Lynsey who you may know on Facebook. We used to work together and would often discuss cardmaking. We spent many happy times at craft shows too. She gave up cardmaking and now makes fairies selling as Raindrop Crafts.

Which brings me onto my first ever card I made 15 years ago this May. I have always loved making things  since I was a little girl and had a fancy to try cardmaking. We were in a garden centre with a craft section and Graham suggested I buy a cardmaking kit to see if I liked it. I bought that and some handmade papers and that was the start of it.

I had no idea what I was doing, didn’t want to follow the instructions in the cart but it was a starting point. This is the first card I made which was for our Anniversary. I kept it to show how far I have come since that first day. It may not be very good but it was made with love. 



10 comments:

Jackie T said...

Wow that is a gorgeous first card. It is good to look back to see where we have come from. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Kath said...

I always find it interesting to look at early blog posts from some of the crafters I follow. Like me, most people have totally changed their crafting style and cards are so different now. Whatever the style of card - they are all made with love.
Kath x

Sandra H said...

It’s so lovely x

cotnob said...

I think card making has changed in general Marianne, along with the multitude of products that are available. I have cards that look very similar to this that I made when I first started, I think we are very lucky that there are so many fabulous products available now.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

dolcreations said...

What a wonderful idea to look back and see how your style has changed! I think over the years crafting companies have allowed our imaginations run!!! I think your card is so sweet and made with love! Thank-you for sharing!

Glennis F said...

I wish I had kept my first card, I must have started about the same time as you! It has been such a fun and rewarding journey hasn't it

cuilliesocks said...

This is just lovely for a first card Marianne, lovely design and colours too. One could see way back then that you had an artistic talent for card making, Kate x

Carol S. said...

Great first card. We now have tools and products, that were not available many years ago. We are lucky to have such an amazing array of goodies. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Carol S.xx

aussie aNNie said...

Fab card from the past. I love your style then and now. xxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such sweet trip to the past, loved seeing your first card, it has to be treasured! :)