Sunday 14 April 2019

Coffee Time


I used to only drink black coffee and low fat hot chocolate before bedtime. I was suffering from acid reflux and was advised caffeine can cause it. I don't drink fizzy drinks other than mineral water so needed to look at drinking less coffee. I hadn't drunk tea since I was a little girl and although I have tried it a few times over the years I just didn't like though I wished I did as a change from coffee. However I gave it a go and after a few cups of black tea I found I really like it. A couple of people told me if you try something 7 times you will get to like it. I also tried some herbal teas as they are caffeine free and guess what I found some I love. I don't like fruit flavours but I love peppermint, buttermint and chamomile and now have chamomile before bed and it really helps me sleep better. So if you had told me a year ago I would mainly drink herbal tea and black tea and hardly ever drink coffee or hot chocolate I would never have believed you.

So onto my card which is all about coffee! I bought a 12 x 12 pack of Laserowe Love Coffee Time from Swedish House Crafts and this is the first card I made. I inked the edges with vintage photo distress ink and distressed them all. I added some cheesecloth, crimped kraft card and a wooden cup, saucer and spoon I had in my stash.

16 comments:

brenda said...

Loving all the textures on this one Marianne. I'm allergic to milk so only ever go black, but do restrict my espresso to mornings for same reason, hiatus hernia in my case and helps a lot.

B x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Marianne, a lovely shabby chic design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

meg said...

brilliant image and sentiment, stopped drinking coffee about a year ago as no longer enjoying it, love my cup of tea in the morning though

Janette said...

Love your card, the sentiment is just perfect and the textures are a nice addition.
I lived on coffee for about thirty years, then after an Op: I just couldn't take it, so now I am a water drinking 3 cups of Tea a day person, Yes, it has come to this, who knew getting older had this in store haha. Enjoy your day Marianne.xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

WOW! Amazing vintage feel and textures, LOVE this card!!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This card has a lovely vintage feel to it Marianne, love all the warm, brown tones you have used here which is perfect for the coffee theme.
Lorraine

Sarah said...

This is really lovely Marianne. I am drinking Milk Oolong tea at the moment, as well a my beloved coffee!! xx

Christine Harrop said...

This is a lovely card Marianne. I'm a tea drinker although I do have the occasional black coffee. Even the smell of milk in coffee makes me feel really nauseous so I stick to black. Milk in tea doesn't have that effect but I do like black tea too. We're a funny crowd aren't we? Christine x

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a stunning card I love it. I love coffee too I am often nipping out to treat myself to one. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Lisa said...

Your card is so beautiful!! I love the layers and the vintage colors!! I never acquired a taste for coffee...sometimes I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't drink it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a wonderful card, love the cheesecloth addition too.
I only drink coloured water as tea and 2 cups of coffee a day, also like lemon and ginger tea - a LOT. LOTS of water too.
Faith x

Liz said...

Super card, Marianne, I love all the texture. I'm a tea drinker, just ordinary tea, fairly strong with just a dash of milk. I've never particularly liked the taste of coffee, not even coffee cream chocolates. I leave those for my hubby! LOL! xx

cuilliesocks said...

Love your card, the coffee theme is fabulous, great texture and embellishmets.
I've cut right down on coffee, and love ginger tea,Kate x x

Carol S. said...

Brilliant card and as a coffee drinker I love it. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Sandra H said...

I just adore this card lots of gorgeous elements used too and the colouring x

Fikreta said...

love it!