Monday 29 April 2019

Christmas trees


Another layout for my Orlando them park scrapbook which should be finished soon. I can then move on to my other books which are all started but have lots of pages still be made.  These pics were taken in The Magic Kingdom. The Christmas parades are always fabulous and you can't help singing along.  I was lucky enough to win a Fiskars circle cutter on their Facebook page and although it is meant for fabric I knew it would also be very useful for scrapbooking.  Normally I draw round plates and bowls but circles aren't that easy to cut by hand.  I used various Christmas tree dies to echo the trees in the pics.

As many of you will know I love reading and a friend told me about an author, Steve Cavanagh. I hadn't read any of his books but when I saw his latest novel for £2.50 in Tesco I bought it and loved it. A very clever story which kept me guessing. This was a stand alone novel but he has also written a series of 5 so I bought the first three. I do like to read books in order if I can and I can highly recommend him. His first novel is called Defence.

14 comments:

meg said...

great page Marianne, the parade is awesome

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely page of memories Marianne

Anne

Janette said...

Another gorgeous page, I keep saying I will do a few pages and never get round to it, this is inspiring.
Enjoy your new books, nothing like a good book, I can get lost in a good story.x

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the circles and trees!! The pictures are fabulous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Christine Dol said...

Another great layout Marianne. I love how you did the circles. What a great tool to have. You are right, cutting perfect circles is tough.

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super, Hazel x

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a stunning page. I love the layout. Thank you for the reading recommendation. I have just got back into reading. Take care. Hugs Jackie

cuilliesocks said...

Wonderful layout and page Marianne, lovely bright and cheerful papers.
I've just finished the whole series of Nicci French Frieda Klein novels, loved them. Haven't heard of your author will have to check him out, Kate x

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful layout. Loving the vibrant colours.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Carol S. said...

I loved the parades and the atmosphere they created. Love your layout and the photos are brilliant. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful design for your photos! Love the circles!

cotnob said...

A fabulous layout Marianne, you are certainly enjoying your scrap booking at the moment.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sandra H said...

Another gorgeous page Marianne x

Fikreta said...

Beautiful !