Monday 7 January 2019

Special Friend


I have been playing with the new large sentiment stamp set from Lili of the Valley. I love making vintage style cards. I don't heat emboss as much as I should as I love the effect so I embossed the sentiment with metallic copper onto kraft card. Lots of distressing with my distress tool and vintage photo distress ink. The papers are Crafter's Companion vintage wedding. I added some jute ribbon, lace from Crafty Ribbons and flowers from The Robbin Girl. The double heart is one I bought at the end of last year from Swedish House Crafts and I used an old EK butterfly punch.

I am determined to buy less and use more of what I have this year. The trouble is new products are so tempting so I will see how I go with that resolution. I know it is one many of us crafters make. I am loving the freedom to make what I want and have decided not to enter any blog challenges, at least for a while, but to try and comment more often. After all there is no point in blogging if nobody looks at it. It is so easy to press like on Facebook but commenting takes more time.

21 comments:

Isobel said...

A really lovely card x

Glennis F said...

I love this one, I must do more vintage style, like you I have so much'stuff' to use

brenda said...

Just a quick hello! B x

Janette said...

Love it Marianne, I think alot of us are trying to use what we have this year, I have so many dies and stamps still in the wrappers, hopefully they will see light this year...Happy crafting.xx

Sandra H said...

So beautiful love the colours x

Carole Pollard said...

Loving this card especially the heat embossing a great colour. Love your resolution I could do with doing that loads I haven't used Love and hugs Carole x

meg said...

the sentiment stands out beautifully against the kraft card, love the papers and embellishments, fantastic make

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Marianne, such a lovely vintage design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Christine Dol said...

LOVE the vintage style you tried. You always try so many different things on your cards which is great!!! Have a good day!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow, fabulous!!!! LOVE it! Great vintage feel, and so sweet!

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful, love the vintage feel to this card.
Hugs
Linda xxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

A really lovely creation Marianne.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Lynne said...

I love this type of card and all your embellishments are perfect. I too need to use some of of old things and try not to buy new! x

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Marianne and Happy New Year to You.
Although I've not been commenting I have been looking at your gorgeous cards over the last couple of weeks, I just needed a real break from it all.
This card is beautiful, I love the texture with all lovely material and distressing. I love the sentiment as the focus.
I'm going to try and not buy so much this year, overwhelmed by all that's in my craftroom, Kate x

Chrissy said...

Lovely Marianne..love the copper embossing and all your beautiful details..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! I love the vintage feel and the textures!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is a very beautiful card Marianne
Gr Karin

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the vintage style of this card, AND the great sentiment and cheesecloth.
Faith
x

Carol S. said...

Love all the textures and a gorgeous design. Like you Marianne, I am having great fun just playing. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Deborah said...

Love the vintage design Marianne.
Deborah A

Fikreta said...

so pretty!