Sunday 25 April 2021

Motoring along


Another card for the order but this time I have used a coloured topper from The Hobby House. The papers are some old K&Co Hopscotch. I am doing quite well using up some of my old paper pads but I still have drawers full of them. I added a felt number from my scrapbook alphabets and used an old star die which I think is Sizzix. I used it a lot when I first bought it many years ago but not so much lately. I am glad I remembered it as it makes a change from standard shaped stars and I love all the layers.

We went to the seaside for the first time this year on Friday. It was so lovely to see the sea and have a snack and drink sitting on the prom. Yesterday I had my second jab and then we met up with friends to have a cuppa and a scone sitting outside at the local garden centre. I had a sore arm and felt tired last night. Slept pretty well though woke up several times with a very sore arm. This morning it still hurts but not as bad, otherwise feeling fine so far.

 

17 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Delightfully cute. x

brenda said...

What a perfect card for a little one with the bright cheery colours Marianne.

B x

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely bright card and a sweet image Marianne....isn't it lovely to get out by the sea...I recognize those papers, like you I have lots of them? hopefully your arm will be ok tomorrow..I had no reaction from my 2nd jab at all unlike the first..

Anne

Margaret R said...

Lovely card for a little boy. It’s good you have had your second jab makes you feel much safer and that the end is in sight.

cotnob said...

A super card Marianne, the red mat behind the image really makes it pop.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jackie T said...

Hi this is such a cute card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Claire (Mrs H) said...

Beautiful

Lorraine said...

He looks fabulous and love the bright colours. I have so many 'old' pads to use up!
Lorraine x

cuilliesocks said...

What a fabulous card for a little one, I love the sweet image, he reminds me of Damian at that age and he had a little red car too. Super papers and design.
So pleased you've had your second jab, it didn't cause you too much pain.
Love that you got to the seaside too, and that you could meet up with your friends too. All these little things we've missed so much, Kate x

pinky said...

Sounds like that jab left its mark Marianne. Mine was sore after first one but kept gently massaging it which seemed to help. Loving this gorgeous card. That image is so cute. Must get it out again as I haven't used it in ages.

meg said...

A brilliant bright background for the adorable topper,love the star embellishments

Chrissy said...

Fabulous papers and design Marianne and love the cute wee boy..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Carol S. said...

A very cute little fella!! A gorgeous design Marianne. Hugs, Carol S.xxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely and so sweet!

Sandra H said...

Absolutely fabulous image your card Marianne is so lovely x

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

aussie aNNie said...

Wonderful card, I just love this and suited for any occasion. xxx
Thanks for well wishes, recovering easily after a tooth extraction under GA but all good