Thursday 29 April 2021

It's that girl again


Well I didn't mean to leave it a few days between posts but life got in the way. On Sunday I was still feeling weary from my second vaccine so didn't feel like getting the laptop out. Monday I felt bright as a button and we went to Tesco then I did some ironing and came over feeling tired again. I didn't drop off to sleep during the days at all which was good. Tuesday morning I felt back to normal and was so relieved to get my hair cut and coloured. Yesterday I needed to print some things off and the printer wouldn't work. Nightmare when that happens. I could print from my Ipad and Iphone but no the laptop. Tried everything and in the end had to ring Canon. We had tried all the right things, switch off router, uninstall and reinstall printer etc,  just not in the same order as she told me to.  I was so relieved when it worked.

The lady who orders several cards from me loves this image, as do I, but I decided to try paper piecing her for a change. The papers are Crafter's Companion vintage lace, another fave of mine.  I coloured the rest of her with Copics. The sentiment is LOTV, flowers from Hobbycraft. I used a MFT wonky stitched rectangle die, Hobbycraft butterfly punch and added some cheesecloth.

14 comments:

meg said...

A gorgeous vintage style card,love your paper pieced elements

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Marianne. The lovely image looks great paper pieced. xx

Katrina Bufton said...

That's beautiful Marianne, the paper piecing works really well.
Katrina x

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous card. I love that image. I am pleased you are feeling better and that the printer is working again. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Margaret R said...

Love the colours of your card, seems like you have had an eventful week.

cotnob said...

A pretty card Marianne, it certainly is a beautiful image.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

dolcreations said...

Gorgeous card! I love the image and the papers and flowers!
Glad you are feeling better. So glad your printer is working again!

Stamps and Paper said...

Gorgeous card Marianne love the image and your vintage lace

Anne

brenda said...

So pretty paper pieced Marianne, something I enjoy doing as well.

B x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! such a beautiful and feminine card, yep! I LOVE teh image also.
Faith x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

This LOTV always amazing me, I have to had it! LOL :D Fab card!

Chrissy said...

FABulous image Marianne and I love the paper piecing..Glad you got your printer sorted, mine did that the other day and all it was in the end was the loading tray was not quite open enough, one little flick and away we went, thank goodness for that..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Carol S. said...

A stunning cards and love the colours. Great use of Flowers and fabric. I was in Hobbycraft with a friend today.
Computers, printers etc are great when they work and a pain in your backside when they stop for no reason!! Hugs, Carol S.xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Marianne, this is gorgeous, it's such a wonderful image and your colouring is amazing, beautifully designed too. Pleased you've got your energy back, and it would feel good getting your hair done too, have a lovely weekend, Kate x