Saturday 21 December 2019

Robin, holly and poinsettias


I am so glad I discovered perforated paper as it has given me a chance to combine cross stitch with card making. I used a free pattern from Durene Jones Facebook page, fussy cut the image and attached using strong glue. The papers are First Edition Perfect Christmas. I used a cross stitch circle die and some ribbon from Crafty Ribbons. The poinsettias are from Hobbycraft and I used a Spectrum Noir clear sparkle pen on them.  I made this for our line dancing teacher as I knew she would appreciate it as she is also a crafter but she sews mainly bags.

Our new sofa is arriving this afternoon which is exciting. So pleased it will be here for Christmas. We should be going to a little party at Prima Rosa this afternoon (the tesahop/gift shop where I sell some things) but it depends on the time of the sofa delivery. 

I hope you are all organised. I like to leave the present wrapping until near Christmas so that is the plan for tomorrow.  We have bought most of the food and drink, just mainly fresh items to get on Monday.

14 comments:

meg said...

Sweet stitched focal image a gorgeous card

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your cross stitched paper image Marianne...like you we are almost ready for Christmas..thank you for your comments and support on my blog it’s really appreciated
Have a lovely Christmas

Anne

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

How cute and different car with the cross stitching and ribbons!! Well done!

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is so sweet, what a pretty creation, Love the cross stitching, What a sweet image, Hazelxx

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a stunning card. It is just so cute. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Marianne, beautifully stitched and such wonderful colours. Your background and embellishmets are gorgeous, Kate x x

Christine Dol said...

Marianne...I LOVE THIS!!!! This is a great idea! Beautifully done! Enjoy your day!!!!

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous, loving the sweet image.
Hugs
Linda xxx

brenda said...

I though I should have a quick catch up with everyone after my enforced screen break and as always a delightful creation awaits.

Wishing you and yours Peaceful Christmas Season.

B x

Sandra H said...

This is gorgeous love the cross stitched image x

Sarah said...

Gosh this is wonderful Marianne, love that cross stitched robin. Wishing you a peaceful Christmas xx

Marlene Atkinson said...

A gorgeous card, gorgeous Embroidery. Marlene

Fikreta said...

very sweet card!

🎅🎄 Happy Holidays! ⛄❄

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Never heard of perforated paper, what a clever thing! I have been really enjoying your sweet cross stitch creations on card Marianne. You really have so many talents hun! This is so gorgeous <3 Hugs, Wends xoxo