Thursday 5 December 2019

Cross stitch and papercraft


There is a lady on Facebook called Durene Jones and every Friday she has a free cross stitch chart. I have a few of these and thought it would be fun to sew this reindeer on perforated paper and use it on my Mum's Christmas card. I gave it to her yesterday so can share it on here now as she looks at my blog every morning.  I am really happy with how it turned out.

I used some embossed card cut into hills and used glitter card for the diecut tree and layered snowflakes which are from MFT.  I kept the design quite simple with not too much colour to show off the reindeer. If you saw my cross stitch snowflake the other day then you will have noticed that was sewn on perforated paper. The trickiest part is the fussy cutting.

I am definitely going to try a few more cards like this next year, I have several cross stitch magazines so will be looking through them for more patterns.

15 comments:

meg said...

Beautiful background paper and layout to showcase the adorable reindeer

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful, loving the cross stitch reindeer.
Hugs
Linda xx

Kath said...

A lovely card and what a great idea to cross stitch on perforated paper for the cute reindeer.
Kath x

Loraine Long said...

Hi, loving the small cross stitch - do you know that Hobby Craft do some wooden shapes for cross stitch which are very reasonable?

Sandra H said...

This is a great card and l love your reindeer x

Christine Dol said...

This is awesome the cross stitch reindeer on your Christmas card! LOVE this!

Viv said...

This is a great card Marianne!
Hope your cold is getting better. x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ahh this is super, Im still busily sewing my folks card! Hazel xx

Chrissy said...

So gorgeous Marianne, I love it.

Luv CHRISSYxx

cuilliesocks said...

Aww that's so sweet and as always your stitching is beautiful, wonderful little scene, Kate x x

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Carol S. said...

He's very cute and love the background too. Cutting out the music notes must have been a bit tricky!! Hugs, Carol S.xx

Sarah said...

This is lovely Marianne, she really does do such characterful designs xx

Fikreta said...

Wonderful card!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow! The stitched elements are really beautiful and the resulting card looks stunning and fun! Great!