Tuesday 17 December 2019

Merry Christmas Graham


Finally back with a card, this one is my hubby's card.  I think I have only used this gorgeous stamp, Christmas song, once before, so I decided to use it for his card as he likes the LOTV cute images. I coloured them with Copics adding fun flock to her hat and diecutting it with an old Spellbinders Labels 10 die. The paper was a freebie with a mag which was sent to me as I featured in it as designer for the day. It was just the colour I wanted. I diecut the trees using Marianne and Doohickey dies and some glittery striped card.

The stickers were an absolute nightmare to attach. They were supposed to be self adhesive. I bought them in America and thought they suited the card and colours so well. I tried pva glue as that usually works on adding a little adhesive to self adhesive stickers. Then I wiped them dry once I saw that wouldn't work and tried ds tape. That partly worked. I ended up using 3d collal glue which I use for things like flowers and buttons. Even that wasn't working that well until I laid heavy punches on top of the stickers to let the glue set.

I wrote a poem inside as I often do and we exchanged cards last night and he loved it.

17 comments:

meg said...

love the colours and papers the digi is a cutie

Stamps and Paper said...

Gorgeous card Marianne I can see why your husband loved it

Anne

Sandra H said...

So cute l too love that image x

Christine Dol said...

I can see why Graham loved his card...this card is a beauty! I just love the colours.

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Marianne, I love the image and your colouring is fabulous. Lots of beautiful embellishments to enhance the scene too. I can see why Graham loved it, Kate x

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous, love the papers and that image is adorable.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

So lovely!!

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous card you have made for you hubby he will love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Of course he loved it, who wouldn't, a wonderful card and cosy too.
Faith x

Chrissy said...

Beautiful sweet card Marianne, fabulous colouring and love the fur trim..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sarah said...

Such a lovely card and perfectly coordinated as always Marianne x

Carol S. said...

A gorgeous card Marianne and love the LOTV image. Hugs, Carol S.xx

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Marianne, such a sweet image.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is wonderful, what a beautiful creation, Love the colours you have gone for, Love Hazelxx

aussie aNNie said...

Very cute.x

Fikreta said...

so sweet card !
🎅🎄 Happy Holidays! ⛄❄

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Great use of those puffy stickers! Gorgeous design hun! Love that image too, beautifully coloured hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo