Tuesday 29 November 2011

Starry, starry night

Here's another Christmas card to cross of the list. Still plenty more to make. I know I have been making them all year but I have sold several and ave some for sale in some local shops too. The problem this year has been the fact that I have been away for most of November too when I would have been making the final cards normally. I have used very little purple for my Christmas cards this year so thought it was time for a purple one. Speaking of purple, which you know I love, I found some purple potatoes in Sainsbury's so just had to buy a pack to try. They are supposed to make very good roast potatoes and amazing purple mash.

Right, onto my card which has been made using one of the last Christmas LOTV stamps. She has been coloured with Promarkers and Flexmarkers and has some lovely glass glitter added to the fur. Papers are Wild Rose Wintry Christmas edged with chalk ink. I used my new MS holly border punch and some organza ribbon. The card is Core'dinations embossed and sanded. The star was cut using a Sizzix die and glitter card. The star buttons are from Walmart in the USA.
Challenges:
Cute Card Thursday Great sketch
Lili of the Valley Anything Goes
Craft your days away Buttons or bows
Dutch Dare Use at least 3 of ribbon, image, patterned papers, layers, rhinestones, brads, buttons

There's a new challenge starting soon, Hotshot Crafts and they also have some follower's candy to give away when they reach 50 followers. Currently they are at 49 so head over there and start following them.

32 comments:

Kirsty said...

Hi She is gorgeous in these colours and I adore your stars !! Kitty ;0)

Kaz Bee said...

Lovely card Marianne, and I love the colour. I have a friend who is purple mad, and so this has given me the inspiration I needed - thank you.

Hugs

Kaz Bee x

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card, love it in purple!

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is so pretty ,, i just love those cute star buttons
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
Lisa x

Wishcraft said...

Such a pretty card Marianne! Love the colour - I always think purple looks lovely on other peoples cards but I'm not very good at using it myself! Super cute image and love all your details too :o) Lisa x

Knerten said...

An adorable image on a beautiful card, Marianne, and this colour is just awesome !

Sue said...

Hi Marianne,I love all the purple,she is so lovely,its a gorgeous card.
Sue x

Anonymous said...

Wow this is so gorgeous! Love the colours.
Hugs xx

Sue B said...

Wow! this is gorgeous Marianne! Love the image and you've coloured her so beautifully. Love the fur trim! The papers, layout and embellishments are all stunning! Really beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT
Hugs Sue xx

julie_woolston said...

Lovely card Marianne, just love the colour, it all goes well together.

Julie x

Joey said...

Hiya Marianne, its gorgeous! fab colour choice. Thanks for joining us at totally papercrafts too. Joey x

Jackie said...

What a gorgeous card. I love purple too but not sure I would want to eat it LOL. I do hope you will tell us what they taste like :o)
Jackie xx

mags said...

Hi Marianne
Totally gorgeous card and my favourite colour too.
Hope the potatoes taste okay.
Mags
x

craftymum said...

Hi Marianne
Thank you so much for spreading the word about Hotshots new challenge blog. I will be launching the first challenge any day now. I hope you will join in

Warm hugs sarah x

craftymum said...

oops
forgot to say, lovely card. I love purple. We don't see many purple cards. Would love to know how you get on with the purple potatoes!! Not sure I could eat them
Hugs sarah x

downrightcrafty said...

another gorgeous creation Marianne isn't she so sweet and love the sparkle
Hugs Kate xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is totally gorgeous and fabulously coloured. Thank you for joining us at CYDA this week and good luck.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

pinky said...

This is just beautiful Marianne and the purple colours are just gorgeous.

Claire said...

Such a sweet card, love the colour. Hugs, Claire x

Sandra H said...

Marianne, Stunning card:) Sandra H

Pami said...

Beautiful card, I love these colours my favourite and gorgeous sparkle. Thanks so much for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck! Pami x

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Fabaroonie! i lurvs purple. this is such a cute image. Can't believe its nearly Dec already eeek!

Ali x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Stunning card, love the colours and the embossing looks fab, love the glittery bits on her coat too
Lindsay xx

Arline said...

Beautiful card hun! Loving the colours! Must take a photo of your purple mash too!!xx

Katarina said...

Pretty colors! Thanks for playing along with us in the LOTV challenge!

Berry said...

What a gorgeously sparkly card marianne I'm inspired to ink up my LOTVs now! Hugs Rebekah xx

Debs said...

Gorgeous card Marianne - such a pretty image and fab colour choice.
Love the star shaped buttons.
Thanks for playing along with us at MAWTT this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

coops said...

so stunning marianne,the purple colours are fab and i love the gorgeous image ;D

xx coops xx

DesignerDiva said...

Super super card Marianne, lovin the lilac's

Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week for Debs 'Ribbons & Bows' and good luck with the challenge
Laurie x

Deb said...

your card is so beautiful Marianne, love it!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
have a great day, Debxx

shaz earl said...

Fabulous card

Thanks for joining us at CYDA for our button or bow challenge

hope you will join us again soon, good luck xx

Share Knowledges said...

I wore same colour of dress on last Christmas, it is really attractive and one of eye catching colour. You remind my old days.
rc truck