Saturday 19 November 2011

Mmm, glass of wine, don't mind if I do

My card for this week's challenge at Totally Gorjuss was made for a male friend's Birthday. The images and sentiment are from a Fiskars set of stamps. It took a little while to get the arrangement just right but I really like the result. As our challenge is Swirly Whirly I thought the swirly grapes and leaves were just perfect. I coloured the images with Promarkers and used a Sakura Green Star pen for some shimmer. For a change I used an MS corner punch I hardly ever use these on their own which is a shame as they are effective. The swirls were made with a Crealie die. The leaves were made with an X cut ivy leaf embossing punch but I thought they look like vine leaves. We are sponsored this week by Simon Says so hope you will be able to join in the challenge.

6 comments:

mags said...

Lovely card and great for a man's card.
Mags
x

downrightcrafty said...

hi hun, hope you had a great time and lots of relaxing and spending on crafting bits, love this card the images perfect for the sentiment
Hugs Kate xx

Claire said...

LOL yes please! Fab card Marianne. Hugs, Claire x

Devlin said...

Adorable!

Sandra H said...

Wow Marianne, this is stunning:) Sandra H

Knerten said...

Lovely card, Marianne :-) I like the look and the layout.