Wednesday 2 November 2011

Disney pals in NYC

I've had a little break from Christmas cards doing some layouts for my scrapbooks. Scrapbooking is much more difficult than cardmaking I find, but so satisfying and I do feel I am getting better at it, trying out different techniques.  My first efforts are not much better than my first cards I made.

We went to New York a coup of years ago and as we love Disney had to visit the Disney shop in Fifth Avenue. These images made me smile so I knew I had to create a layout with them. I used Black Magic Core'dinations for the background, sanding it to show the blue through. I cut the diamond paper to give it a zigzag edge and used the diamonds I cut off on the other side of the page, adding a bit of doodling. I used a Marianne die for the star circle. The lovely ribbon was wrapped round a pair of PJs I had last Christmas. As soon as I saw it my first thought was that will be good for a scrapbook page or two so expect to see that used again as I have lots of Florida Disney pages to make.

8 comments:

Linda said...

what a cute layout
hugs linda

dolcreations said...

Marianne I must say you rock with layouts...it does not look as though you struggle. I love your layouts. I too find that layouts are hard...it is easier to decorate a 6x6 piece!

Nannieflash said...

Wow Marianne that is one stunning scrapbook page, the photos are just fabulous. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Berry said...

This is fab Marianne! I look back on some of my LOs and think they are great but it has been such a long time since I scrapbooked and I love my card making so much I just don't get the time! Fab work hugs rebekah xx

Jill said...

Great Disney LO Marianne, love it! I think scrapbooking is more time consuming but I much prefer it cardmaking!! Jill x

Sandra H said...

Marianne fabulous your scrapbooking is amazing truly lovely:) Sandra H

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne this is such a great layout! Your photos look great!
Hugs Lynsey x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is a brilliant layout Marianne.
luv
Debby