Monday 28 November 2011

Paint fusion decoration

Good morning everyone, and what a cold and frosty start to the day. After being away for most of November, with my holiday to Florida and then Craftaganza, (3 day Crafter's Companion workshop in Darlington), I feel out of touch with everyone so I'll be catching up on some blogging later today. I'm still playing catch up with the ironing and want to get some cards made today too.

This is my first ever Christmas decoration and my first attempt at paint fusion. We had a wonderful class with Sheena Douglass at Craftaganza. We made the 3 circles in class using Sheena's stamps and paint fusion. I haven't painted since school and I was never very good at it then but I am really pleased with this for a first attempt. I finished it off this morning by distressing the edges and spraying with Spray and Sparkle and attaching the ribbon and circles at the back.
Challenges:
Cafts 4 eternity Christmas decoration
CRAFT Unusual Christmas

13 comments:

Mau xx said...

This is so pretty Marianne, a great Christmas decoration. Hope you catch up with those boring jobs soon so you can get down to nicer things :))
hugs xx

Sandra H said...

Hi Marianne, Wow these are so so sweet:) Sandra H

mags said...

Great decoration Marianne.
Mags
x

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Love it...I'm looking forward to finishing mine I must admit!

Ali x

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

These are lovely Marianne. Helen x

misteejay said...

Lovely decoration...I'm sure you'll be making more.

Toni xx

pinky said...

Well look at you, this is just gorgeous Marianne. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
Pinky

Sarah said...

Oh wow, this is gorgeous!! Very envious of having like a masterclass with Sheena! Really beautiful.
Sarah xx :0)

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow its fabulous .. i love it
Lisa x

coops said...

stunning decoration marianne.really beautiful :D

xx coops xx

Paddington fan said...

Gorgeous Christmas decoration Marianne, your painting is fabulous! Thanks for joining our unusual Christmas challenge at CRAFT this week and good luck in the prize draw, love Jacky x

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne, this looks great finished off!
Hugs Lynsey x

michele said...

Gorgeous project Marianne! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x