Sunday 1 March 2020

Caravans


These are something I have wanted to experiment making for several months after seeing some on Pinterest.  They keep popping up on my Pinterest so I thought it was time I had a go.

This is the first one I made and I decided it was a bit too rounded. I wanted to give them a rather homespun look but the way the material frays on the bunting annoys me. Looking at several on Pinterest which sell on Etsy they have lots of frayed edges. So I played around with some dies a bit more and this is the second one I made.


I am happier with the shape and the bunting on this one which is a mixture of dies then some cutting with scissors.  I made a note of which dies I used so I know how to make them in future.  Something new for my craft stall.

It is supposed to be a sunny day today so we are going out for breakfast and then I want to pop into Hobbycraft.

18 comments:

meg said...

Gorgeous fun makes love the colours you used

Jackie T said...

Hi they are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Daisychain said...

Great fun make, second one is definately more caravan shape. There is a product you can get called fraycheck which stops material fraying or you could use iron on interfacing. Good luck, hope they sell well. Hugs Christine x

Stamps and Paper said...

These are lovely Marianne and being caravaners they certainly appeal to me love the colours....enjoy your breakfast

Anne

Sandra H said...

They are so cute x

cotnob said...

These are sweet Marianne, it's a lovely sunny day here today, I even have washing on the line.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

julie_woolston said...

Beautiful Marianne lovely designs.
Hugs Julie xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

FABULOUS, love the details you have on them and a great shape too. I hope it's sunny for you, we are having sun then deluge!
Faith x

Witchcrafted Life said...

Aww! These are fabulously fun, creative and sweet - plus they've got me all the more in the mood to hit the open road on a sunny weather holiday ASAP!

Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

Christine Dol said...

Marianne....honestly...these are the cutest!!!!! I bet the purple one is your favourite!!!! What an adorable idea!

cuilliesocks said...

These are just so cute Marianne, what a marvellous job you've made of them, bound to sell well, Kate x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Gorgeous, clever and so fun! Great projects!

Linda Simpson said...

These are so cute.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Sally H said...

Love them, Marianne! They are gorgeous!

MiamiKel said...

Oh my, Marianne - these are the cutest I've ever seen! I have not seen them on Pinterest so naturally I'm going gah gah for yours! Just brilliant!

Pop's Cards said...

These are so cute, I think felt things are so cute hugs Pops x

Lorraine said...

They look fabulous, love the fabrics you've used.
Lorraine x

Fikreta said...

these are so nice!