Thursday 12 March 2020

Growing Up



I have my first cardmaking workshop of the year next Wednesday and have produced a sketch for the class to use. It is a favourite sketch of mine and I want to show how you can take a sketch and change it to make a variety of cards both for men and women.

I used some old papers and ribbon and a Woodware stamp. The stitched circle die is Lawn Fawn and I made some little banners with a Fiskars punch.  I inked the paper edges for a bit of definition.  A nice easy card to start of the class and one mainly aimed at men but no exclusively.

11 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

I'm sure they will have a lovely time at your workshop Marianne love the sketch of your card and the sentiment is very true

Anne

meg said...

A gorgeous sketch and card, the best part is the sentiment for me

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a fantastic card. I love it. I hope the workshop goes well. Take care. Hugs Jackie

cotnob said...

A super card Marianne, a great sentiment.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Kath said...

A fabulous card and one of my favourite sentiments too!
Kath x

Linda Simpson said...

Love this sentiment. Beautiful card.
Hugs
Linda xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Marianne, what a brilliant card, I love the sentiment and your lovely papers. Super sketch too. I'm sure your class will go well with this one.

Thank you for your help in finding the image I was looking for, and it was indeed Noah's Ark. I loved it when I first saw it ages ago, but of course didn't get it. thanks to you I have now got it, along with four more from the Etsy shop and the card is made, Kate x

Chrissy said...

Great sketch and lovely card Marianne..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Carol S. said...

A great card and a brilliant sentiment. My 43 year old son, truly says that he never wants to grow up!! Never used a sketch but maybe I should try one!! Hugs, Carol S.xx

Fikreta said...

wonderful card!

Sarah said...

That sentiment always makes me smile. Great papers and sketch too x