Thursday 6 February 2020

Another completed cross stitch



I am really enjoying cross stitching again and this is the third LOTV fairy I have completed. With hindsight I should have used slightly darker colours for her hair to give more contrast to her face. The waterlilies have pale pink edges which look really pretty but don't really show up well in the photo. 

This is how I finish mine off. The back of the cross stitch looks a mess but I never worry about that as it will be covered as you can see from the final picture.

So  when I cut the circle to begin with I allow an additional 2" so as this is a 8" hoop I cut a 10" circle. When I have finished the picture I stitch a running stitch around the edges and draw it in. I discovered anther way in a magazine so I did that too but forgot to take a picture. I laced across the back from top to bottom which pulled it in slightly more.  For a larger hoop like this I would definitely use both methods.


I then cut a circle of white felt and use 3d glue to attach it to the back. 

When I put a picture of my hedgie cross stitch on Facebook a friend messaged and said could I do a larger cross stitch for her niece's 21st Birthday.  I sent her a pic of the design and she said could she have it when completed so it is sold.

21 comments:

Glennis F said...

It looks lovely Marianne

Janette said...

This is just gorgeous, just so pretty and beautifully stitched.x

Pop's Cards said...

Stunning I love this and how you have finished the back, a gorgeous hoop art <3 hugs Pops x

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous cross-stitch the image so cute. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Christine Dol said...

I'm sending you virtual high fives!!! This is awesome Marianne! You do such a wonderful job!!!!

Stamps and Paper said...

Marianne your cross stitch is adorable and the colours are perfect..she looks so 'cool' with her sun glasses on.

Anne

Kath said...

A lovely cross stitch picture Marianne. I used to frame a lot of my cross stitch pictures and used the same lacing method as you have used.
Kath x

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful cross stitch and love the image.
Hugs
Linda xxx

susiestacey said...

Lovely work and finished off so neatly x Susan x

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Marianne,really lovely and beautifully finished..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sandra H said...

This is so lovely x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful stitching on the wonderful image, I'm not surprised you sold it.
Faith x

Sarah said...

What beautiful work Marianne xx

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Marianne, what a wonderful image and your stitching is beautiful, Kate x x

Deborah said...

This is fabulous Marianne and I love the way you have finished it off so the back looks good and neat. You have definitely tempted me to do some cross stitching again. It must be over 15 years since I last did any.
Deborah

cotnob said...

This is pretty Marianne, the back looks nice and neat as well.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Debbie said...

Beautifully finished Hun front and back. Stunning creation. Xx

Fikreta said...

very sweet!

Carol S. said...

A pretty LOTV image and a lovely gift. Pretty colours. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Carol S.xxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous cross stitch!!! Love your loop, very neat on the back and the LOTV image looks great!

Narrow Ads and Signs said...

Very nice… i really like your blog…Thanks for the post