Monday 8 October 2018

Happy Birthday to Me


Yes, today is my Birthday and I shall be enjoying a lovely day out, more on that tomorrow. I thought the new Winter pastel papers from LOTV would be suitable for many occasions and decided to make a starburst card using the left over pieces. I do like 8x8 papers and when you mostly make 6x6 cards there are always some useful size pieces left. I cut each of the smallest waste pieces diagonally and fitted them around the blue paper. Once they were stuck down I trimmed off the excess, added a LOTV sentiment, double layered using more offcuts, added some pearl trim which was recycled from some Wedding flower arrangements and some large flowers.

If you are going to Stamp Magic at Doncaster and visit the LOTV stand you will find some of my recent cards displayed there.

Challenges
The Ribbon Girl anything goes

19 comments:

Glennis F said...

Happy Birthday!
This is a great use of left-overs

brenda said...

First off Happy Birthday Marianne, I hope your day out is a good one. I love the design and pretty colours here.

B x

dutchess said...

Happy birthday....hope you have a really lovely day....xxxx

meg said...

Many Happy Returns Marianne, have a great day, love the combination of colours in the papers and flowers

Chrissy said...

Wishing you a very Hapopy Birthday Marianne and hope you have a lovely day out..Gorgeous card, I love the papers..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Loraine Long said...

Have a great Birthday. Thank you for the heads up on Doncaster regarding LOTV.

Carole Pollard said...

Happy Birthday to you and what a special card fabulous design Enjoy your day Love and birthday hugs x

cuilliesocks said...

Happy Birthday Marianne, I hope you have a fabulous day!!
Love your beautiful card, gorgeous papers and I love the design and embellishments too, Kate x

cotnob said...

A pretty card Marianne, I love the sunburst design.
Happy Birthday.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Christine Dol said...

Happy Birthday Marianne....have a wonderful day today!

Your card is really nice...a lot of work piecing all those papers but soooo effective!

Lisa said...

Happy, happy birthday!! I hope your day is filled with much love and happiness!! Your card is gorgeous!! I love the colors and pretty papers!! Have a great birthday!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Pop's Cards said...

Happy Birthday I hope it is a fantastic day for you <3

I love this idea I always save my scraps, hugs Pops x

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card, I hope you have had a wonderful day.
Hugs
Linda xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Happy Happy Birthday Marianne! This card for yourself is just delightful!!!

KraftyKoolKat said...

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday, I hope you have had the best of days. Great project with left overs.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Lorraine said...

Love the way you've used the pretty papers on this one Marianne
Lorraine x

Carol S. said...

Great use of scraps and love the design. Very pretty flowers and compliment the papers perfectly. Hugs, Carol S.xx

aussie aNNie said...

Hope you had a best day ever my friend.xxx

Fikreta said...

Happy birthday!
best wishes for you!
hugs