Friday 25 April 2014

Farewell Winter Wonderland


This is my last week at Winter Wonderland. After 4 years on the DT and about 3 as a DT Co-ordinator I decided it was time for a change. I have loved my time there and the team are wonderful and I shall miss being part of the team, pass the tissues please. I thought it would give me a chance to do something different and  the strange thing is that within a few days of making the decision and without anyone but the DT knowing I had an email inviting me to join another lovely DT. So I close one door and have opened another. My first DT card for them will be coming along very very soon so watch this space. I am really excited and delighted to be joining them. 

They say things come in threes and I then received another 2 DT offers but I turned them both down as I didn't feel they were right for me at this time. One was a weekly challenge and I didn't want to take on a weekly challenge at the moment and the other one just isn't for me. I couldn't join a DT without feeling I could commit 100% to it as I don't think this is fair. I am amazed at the number of DT's some people manage.

So back to Winter Wonderland where we want you to create something for Christmas with no sentiment. Our sponsor is
who are offering a $20 gift certificate
and also
with a goody bag for the winner.

Image - The paper Shelter Snowman
Medium - Copics
Papers - Forever Friends Kraft Notes
Dies - Dee's tree, Doohickey fence
Punch - MS snowflake
Other - Stickles

Challenges
Craftyhazelnut's extra Anything Christmas goes 
Crafting from the heart Anything goes 
Sparkles Christmas Inspired by a song (Frosty the Snowman)
ABC Christmas H is for Home

You can find my ribbon candy winner below.
Please check out my for sale page where there are several Christmas stamps and a few other stamps still for sale. Many items have been sold and removed from the page.

Edited - I am currently playing about with changing the look of my blog. Getting a bit frustrated as some things don't want to change. I have managed the header but can't change the background at the moment so waiting for the person who made it and added it for me to get back to me as it isn't an HTML code.

31 comments:

susiestacey said...

Lovely card Marianne and we will miss you here at WW x Susan x

Squirrel x said...

Oh my, I never saw that coming! Good heavens hun, but you and Kate ARE Winter Wonderland. It'll be sad to not see your cards here any more. And on the subject of cards, I am loving this one, great scene you have created with that super cute snowie. Hugs xx

kbrandy4 said...

Gorgeous card Marianne! Sorry to hear you are leaving the WW challenge, i bet you'll be a huge miss!
Hugs, Hazel xx

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Marianne, love the snowman.

Donna x

Kelly Lloyd said...

Gorgeous card Marianne.
Congrats on your new DT,, ;-)

Hugs Kelly

Miria said...

You will be missed, Marianne but I totally understand. I can't wait to see your creations for the new DT.
Your snowman is so cute!
Hugs, Miria xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Marianne. sometimes the hardest decisions turn out to be some of the best ones we make. Good luck with the new DT.
xxxxxx

Christine Dol said...

You will certainly be missed I am very sure of that! You always put a 100% into your cards!!! I love your winterwonderland card. I am such a huge fan of making Christmas cards! Congrats on making it onto another team! They are going to love you!LOL

Claire said...

WOW 4 years Marianne - amazing and can't wait to hear about your new DT. I love your card, the snowman is definitely waving goodbye! Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Claire x

Sue said...

It must have been a really hard decision to make Marianne but it sounds like it was the right one, for many reasons!
Your card is gorgeous. I love the cute snowman and beautiful detailing.
Sue xx
p.s. your new blog header looks fabulous!

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Love this card Marianne and I'm sorry that I won't be seeing your Christmas-y creations for Winter Wonderland. Congratulations on getting a new DT though!
Helen x

Sue said...

Gorgeous snowman and card.
Hugs Sue

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne a wonderful card for your last DT card for Winter Wonderland :(!
So sad you are leaving!
Love the new blog header!
Hugs Lynsey x

Carol S. said...

Now I am very fussy about snowmen! This one is brilliant! Great setting and colouring too. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Marianne. you will be missed at WW.
Gorgeous new header.
Lorraine x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Lovely Christmas snowman card Marianne, I'm sure you will still keep making them even though you are no longer on the DT at WW.
Lorraine

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Marianne, sorry to hear that you are giving up as a DT on WW, I will miss your gorgeous Christmas creations, but will look forward to see what you make for your new post, so congratulations for that.
Your card today is just beautiful, great image and colours, hugs Kate x

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous Christmas card Marianne, I love your fun snowman image.
You will be missed at Winter Wonderland, such a shame you are leaving.
Pauline
x

Debs said...

WOW Marianne 4 years on a DT is a long time - it must have been a real tough decision to step down - but as you say as one door closes another one opens - looking forward to your announcement very soon :o)
Gorgeous card as always.
Have a fab weekend.
Debs xx

Sandra H said...

It will be sad to see you go Marianne but good luck with your new adventures .......another stunning card too and l love that snowman xx

misteejay said...

Fabulous card Marianne - love the snowman.

Your new header looks beautiful. All the best with your new DT.

Toni xx

Doreen said...

This is just beautiful,lovely image and design.xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely Christmas card and like your design...

Anne

Deborah said...

Beautiful card Marianne. We will miss you at Winter Wonderland.

Deborah A

Kat W said...

I'm sure you will be much missed at Winter Wonderland but it is nice to change things around a bit every now and then so have fun with the new DTs!
Your card is fab and I love that snowman - he looks so surprised at something!
The new blog design looks wonderful - the vintage feel is so elegant and suits your style perfectly :-)
Big hugs, Kat xx

Michelle B. said...

Love the layers and the bright colors, such a fun and sparkly card! So glad you joined us for our "Home" Challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge!

Zw@@n said...

Thank you so much for sharing this lovely card with us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Cute snowman! Luv, Wilma

coops said...

so gorgeous marianne.i love your fab details and your snowman is stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Sandra H said...

Good Morning .....Wow Your card is brilliant and great for our challenge at Sparkles Christmas Buddies Inspired by a Carol/Song thank you for joining in and good luck hope to see you again next time Dt Member Sandra H xx

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely card for my CHNC challenge extra for April - hope to see you again soon x

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card Marianne, I always like your work. Sorry to hear you're leaving WW, but as you say, when one door closes... Thanks for playing along with us at Sparkles Christmas Challenge this month, pop back again tomorrow for a new challenge.

Hugs
Brenda
Sparkles DT