Saturday 28 August 2010

Rudolph

I picked up this cute digi freebie from the lovely Janet who currently has another fab Christmas freebie on offer so hop over and visit her. I added some glossy accents to his nose to really make it shine. I used the lovely sketch at A Gem of a Challenge. I had to cut out the image as trying to make it into a diamond nearly filled the card! I ran the white background through a snowflakes Cuttlebug folder. The background paper is from a new pack by Kars and as it had all the traditional Christmas colours in it decided to make a colourful card. The other bits are scraps from my old Christmas papers. The large snowflake was made using a Sizzix die and the smaller ones with an MS punch. I added snowflake brads to them all.
Other challenges
ABC Christmas R is for Rudolph (plus brads)
Bee Crafty Anything goes
Secret Crafter Make a start on Christmas
Totally Gorjuss Christmas in August

I have some friends coming round soon and we're off out for a meal this evening. Tomorrow I'm off to Thetford to the Sincerely Yours cardmaking show so I made a list today of all the things I need. I'm really looking forward to it especially as I am meeting up with my friend Lynsey there. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

15 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

Great card and hope you enjoy your day out
Kate xx

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Beautiful Christmas Card

Thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

pinky said...

Sounds like you are in for lots of fun this weekend, lucky ducks. Love your card Marianne, gorgeous mix of papers there and the cute little Rudolph.
Pinky

Fiona said...

great card and a cute little image...sounds like you are going to be busy this weekend...have fun!!

Fi
x

Lynsey said...

This is a lovely Christmas card Marianne. I really like the sketch you used that works so well. You sound very organised for tomorrow, I better go and write my list! Look forward to seeing you.
Hugs Lynsey x

Jill said...

Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer has a very shiny nose is all I can think of seeing your card, gorgeous! Don't overspend will you!! Jill x

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

I love this Rudolph image - he is just SO SO cute!! Thanks for joining us as Bee Crafty. Hope to see you next time!

Deanne :)

Carol Ric said...

So adorable! You did a fantastic job coloring this image. TFS!

Lisa said...

Hi Marianne, Such a cute card! I love this Rudolph image.

Hope you and Lynsey have a great time at Thetford.

Lisa x

paola said...

Your little Rudolph ia ao darn cute Marianne, thanks for joining us at Tg
smiles
Paola

Squirrel x said...

I'm feeling festive already! Great card, and thanks for joining us at TG this week. Hugs, Sxx

debby4000 said...

Beautiful, adorable card.
luv
Debby

Jennifer said...

Lovely to see your creation with my sketch...I love it! Thanks for entering 'A Gem Of A challenge! xx Jenny xx

Mandy said...

Another gorgeous card..Love his shiny nose..Great take on the sketch..Thanks for joining in with us at A Gem of a Challenge...
Mandy xx

Anonymous said...

Great card, so cute, thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)