Friday 13 August 2010

It's Christmas time in August

This week at Winter Wonderland Lynsey has challenged us to make a gift tag. I used one of my favourite Whiff of Joy Christmas stamps in my fave colour. I simply cut out the layers with different sized nesties, coloured her with Promarkers, added some glitter and a few glittery stars. I do hope you will join in this week where you could win 3 digis from Delicious Doodles.

I was asked to be guest designer at Christmas Stampin' all year long where the challenges this week is to use at least 2 designer papers. I was lucky enough to be given a choice of digis from this week's sponsor, In Style and I chose Snowchick, isn't she gorgeous. The papers are almost the last of my BG Eskimo Kisses. I used an MS simple scallop border punch, added some Me and My Big Ideas sparkly snowflakes, a snowflake charm, pearly brads and pearls from the Hobby House. My stack of Christmas cards is growing nicely now so no rush in November for me this year.
I am also entering my card into the following challenges:
Basic Grey Pearls
Kaboodle Doodles Add a little metal
Paper Sundaes Metal

20 comments:

pinky said...

I love them Marianne, the tag is super, what a gorgeous image. Love the image in the second, nice and young and funky.
Pinky

Linda said...

both are very beautiful
hugs Linda

downrightcrafty said...

Love the images on both the colouring is great and the shading is fab on Mr Snowman. Hope your enjoying your GDT and have a great weekend
Hugs Kate xx

Gina said...

Gorgeous tag Marianne, and your card is so bright n cheerful :D XXX

debby4000 said...

oh these are gorgeous Marianne, love the beautiful tag and sweet image and papers on the card.
luv
Debby

Jill said...

Oh wow Marianne just love those cards. I have got that WOJ stamp and I love the idea of using part of it as its quite large isn't it. Jill x

dolcreations said...

Your first card is so pretty all in the purple shades! I love the snowman with the little girl...you coloured it so perfectly! Very nice Marianne...you are so making me want to start my Christmas cards. As soon as the kids go back to school I will definetly need to get cracking on them!!!!!

Vicky said...

Both simply gorgeous Marianne! The tag is gorgeous with this sweet image and I just love the snowman, coloured beautifully.
Take care Vicky xx

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne, the tag is perfect and so your style, I love it. Your Christmas card is so cute those snowflakes finish it so perfectly!
Hugs Lynsey x

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous tag Marianne, love the colours & so christmassy!
Clairex

Fiona said...

very sweet card...fab colouring. Thanks for joining us at Paper sundaes this week.

Fi

**Farrah** said...

Great card! I love the image and you did a great job colouring it! The charm is a nice touch!
Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck!
Farrah

Michelle said...

Congrats on the GDT position - your cards are fantastic! Love your coloring of this adorable image!!

Shirley said...

What a stunning card and a perfect
coloured image.
Thank you for joining us this week for the Kaboodledoodle Metal challenge. We look forward to seeing more of your creations in our our future challenges.

Shirley

Wishcraft said...

Such a pretty tag and love the sweet snowman card - fab colouring :o) Lisa x

Jill said...

Ooh gorgeous card (with my other hat on!!) Thanks for joining in with us at Kaboodledoodles. Jill x

Crystal said...

Great cards, love the snowman one most cause I'm obsessed with snowmen! Love the DP & snowflakes & your shading on the snowman is fabulous! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Sundaes :)

Jacque said...

Lindo Blog !!!!!!!!!!

Kiss

Jacque

Pink Room Therapy Designs said...

Great projects with lovely coloring! Especially love the first image & beautiful colors. Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles!

Maria said...

Marianne! Thank you so much for the lovely card you created for CSAYL! You did a wonderful job on representing In Style's image and being our guest designer at CSAYL!!! Your gift tag and card is absolutely gorgeous. I especially love your coloring and the pretty snowflakes!

Maria