Wednesday 25 August 2010

Autumn in New England

There's a lovely sketch at Crafty Calendar this month with an optional theme of all around the world. I like to try to fit in the optional them if I can but this one has had me thinking hard until I decided to do another layout. I really enjoyed making one on Monday and have so many lovely holiday photos I want to put in my scrapbook. This page came together so easily. The background paper is HOTP, others are Papermania Boutique and Dovecraft. I added a glitter strip and used a large MS border punch, one of my favourites. The great thing about layouts is you can use larger items to great effect. The die cuts are from an Autumn set I bought in Michaels in Florida with scrapbook pages in mind. I inked the edges for more definition.

If you have never been to New England I urge you to go. It is so beautiful , the colours are fantastic in the autumn (or fall)and there are some lovely places like Peacham which are like a step back in time.

(In case you have read the journalling and don't know the meaning of pot luck, it means inviting friends round and asking them to bring a pot of food, either savoury or sweet. You then end up with a pot luck dinner to share.)

11 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Marianne, Wow this is a beautiful layout! Gorgeous autumn colours and lovely embellishments.

Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Calendar Challenge.

Lisa x

Carol Ric said...

Beautiful LO! I have never been to England but it is on my vacation list. If I ever get a chance to go somewhere. LOL!

dolcreations said...

Wow you are the queen of layouts! I just love the picture so much it just makes me want to visit this place so badly. I love the autumn papers and those pumpkins Marianne...they are so adorable with the punched leaves all around!

pinky said...

This has come up gorgeous Marianne. Love all the colours and as you say the embellishments work so well on a layout. I thought you were going to tell me this is your holiday home lol. Gorgeous photo.
Pinky

Jill said...

Gorgeous LO Marianne, know what you mean about the fall over there. We have friends in Nova Scotia and we went over for Cape Breton in the fall .... just WOW its wonderful isn't it. Jill x

Lynsey said...

Wow Marianne what a great layout! I love the fantastic photo, and the colours of your papers compliment it so well!
Hugs Lynsey x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is wonderful Marianne, perfect papers and embellishments for a fabulous photo.
luv
Debby

Gina said...

Stunning Marianne, just stunning!!! :D XXX

Mandy said...

Hi Marianne,
This gorgeous I love the colours,theme and embellishments and the picture is lovely...
Mandy xx

Whisper said...

Oh wow, your page just took me right back to my trip to the fall 7 years ago - i hope while you were there you went 'Leaf Peeping' (following the fall) as the Americans call it ?, Luv Sam x

Ruth said...

I love the whole autumnal feel to this layout,Ruth , Crafty Calendar Challenge