Sunday 29 August 2010

My hubby is a star!

My lovely hubby took me to Thetford today to the Sincerely Yours papercraft show where we met up with my good friend and fellow crafter Lynsey. He patiently waited while we oohed and aahed and made lots of purchases and took the first bags back to the car for us. He made good use of the free tea and coffee provided by buying the entrance ticket - he managed 5 cups! There were so many lovely goodies on sale and this is what I bought. I've displayed it with my lovely new table and chairs which arrived last Friday. I also bought a very cute stamp to add to my candy I will be offering here very soon. We were there 5 hours and he never complained once.

The laptop socket is really playing up so he fiddled around with it and ended up sellotaping it to keep it working for me. We're going to look at some netbooks tomorrow and will have to get the laptop fixed. If I don't appear on my blog for a day or two, you'll know why.
Graham, you are a star.

15 comments:

paola said...

You can tell your husband that Paola from Africa says he deserves the global patient husband award, five hours? my husband would have left me there, he he. Love all the goodies you bought while you were there, i am coming to the UK in October, just to shop, we are so deprived out here. Enjoy all those goodies
smiles
Paola

Jill said...

Have to say dh's come in useful sometmes (not often though!) Glad you had a great time at the show - looks as if you bought some lovely stuff! Jill x

Lisa said...

Hi Marianne, Wow fab goodies! So glad you had a lovely day. Graham certainly is a star!

Lisa x

Carol Ric said...

The craft shows are so much fun! Great haul! If I could put a star up for you hubby on here I would. TFS!

jenny said...

Fabulous new goodies Marianne! Love the new table & chairs too! Your hubby certainly is a star :)

Jenny xx

downrightcrafty said...

wow you must have had a fab day, and lucky you having such a great OH - the stash looks great
Kate x

Unknown said...

Your husband deserves a medal 5 hrs, but well worth it your goodies look fantastic, bet you cant wait to get using them.
Christine x

Jo said...

Marianne, what a fab hubby you have, mine complains in Hobby Craft, in fact he didn't even enter the shop today, went into the Petshop instead!!!! I found those lovely papermania papers today, thank you for letting me know what they are, they are gorgeous. Oh and by the way, lovely cards too!!! Will be posting a card on my blog soon!!! Hugs Jo x

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne, Graham certainly was a star today and very patient with us! Thanks for your company today, it really made the show for me! Love the look of your new table!
Hugs Lynsey x

Loz said...

oooh, lucky you! My DH also waited patiently whilst I went to my first ever Paper show yesterday!! Only wish I'd saved up some extra cash!!
love the new stash of goodies, and your table and chairs :)

Fiona said...

Marianne...your hubby is wonderful..I can't even get mine to go to Tesco hence the reason I have to do my shopping online!!
you have spoilt yourself with all these goodies...

fi
x

pinky said...

Oh he really is a star and a very patient one at that, definitely a keeper lol. Love your new stash and your fancy new table and chairs!!
Pinky

Mandy said...

How lucky are you a patient Hubby and all of that lovely new crafty stash..Can't wait to see what you make with it all...
Mandy xx

Kazabing said...

Graham is definately a Star!!!! All those lovely goddies, I 'Ooo' and 'Ahhh' over your picture...lol.
Fabby stash - enjoy playing with them... xx

p.s. Can I borrow Graham for the October Craft Show at the SECC...lol???

hugs
Kaza.xxx

Milnie said...

oehhhh amazing good stuff Marianne! Happy crafting ;-)